• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible to overcome without Yahshua

stanberger

My heart goes out to those struggling to overcome their sins. They are many struggling against their sinful natures, but some people are overcoming and some people are not. I know that without Yahshua I wouldn’t be able to overcome my sinful nature. Yahshua makes it possible. But what about those who have deluded themselves that they have the Holy Spirit, when they most certainly do not, or those who are calling upon a name which cannot save. The name of the Almighty according to the Bible is Yahweh. Scholars and linguists have recognised this. This is the name that appears in the Hebrew text. The Messiah’s name was not Jesus. You can go to the New International Version here Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 1:21 - New International Version and read the footnote regarding Matthew 1:21. The NIV says the name was Joshua, but since there is no ‘J’ sound in Hebrew it would have been Yahshua. Acts 4:12 says of the Messiah’s name: “12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” Why is this the case? It’s because Yahshua means Yahweh is salvation.

The Bible is full of instances where the Name of Yahweh is held to be of importance but mankind seems to reject this major aspect of the Bible, thus denying themselves the salvation that they could have through the Name. Revelation 17:14 says: "14 These shall war against the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for he is Sovereign of rulers, and King of kings; and they shall also overcome that are with him, called and chosen and faithful."

Without Yahshua I would be lost, that’s for sure and one of the things I make it my aim to pray for is those who are trying to keep the commandments, not necessarily of my faith, but perhaps those who have some of the truth and are struggling. I’m still trying to figure out atheism. Do some people become atheists because they give up trying to keep out sin, or certain sins, which they cannot overcome. Have they given up on Yahweh because they haven’t had answers to their prayers. I don’t know, perhaps if more atheists were truthful with themselves we would figure that out. However, just because someone is struggling to overcome the solution isn’t to give up, it’s to seek Yahweh more earnestly. Jeremiah 29:13 says: “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” If they were more people seeking Yahweh with their whole hearts, they would be concerned with the Name they use for the Almighty and the Name they use for the Son.

What are your thoughts?
Jesus says ' father greater than I. I can do nothing on my own ' clearly not god. I left church for islam in 2002. quran ' the creator can forgive his creation their sins ' no blood of an innocent man on cross necessary

stanberger

Hi Nakosis. Good afternoon. Thank you for your post. Are you saying that believing in the Bible fails the scrutiny of testing? I also am skeptical of my beliefs, but not when it comes to the Bible. I believe in the Bible 100% and my experiences of life have helped to compound the truthfulness of the Word. What exactly was it that caused your belief in the Bible to fail the test?
bible ' earth a flat circle. does not move. god murders innocent babies in cribs of Egypt [passover]. Jesus 'prince of peace ' attacked rabbis in temple with a whip made of chord. need I say more

stanberger

Don't ever assume that atheists cannot be as moral, more moral than those who keep to the commandments. Which vary by interpretation and religious sect.

As far as i am aware i kept the commandments, it did not stop christians mocking my disability as a sin.

Since dropping christianity/religion and those commandments that are of no relevance, ie 1, 2 and 3 i have in essence upheld.

Yes it's presumptuous

Honour your father and your mother. Yes i do.
You shall not kill. Never have
You shall not commit adultery. Not once cheated on my husband...
You shall not steal. I don't bsteal not lie
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. Not false, but real, yes
You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife. Ehm. Straight (fairly) female here
You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods. Nope.

Chance ig eternal life, surely you mean guess. I am quite happy with the 1st law of thermodynamics taking care of my remains when my brain dies. At least there is scientific validation for that.

Why i lost my belief is a long story, omitting the lead up and nitty gritty. I read the bible, in fact i read 3, they simply do not make any logical sense that a good person would want to worship a genocidal maniac who condones massacre, murder, slavery, rape and theft
I agree. when I left the church it was because of passover god murdering innocent infants in cribs of Egypt. I did not find passover in quran exodus story I converted immediately

stanberger

Most atheists are atheists because they do not believe a God exists. I do not understand why that is so difficult to accept for some theists. I have known many atheists in my life very well and I can positively vouch for the fact that there is nothing deeper here than simple nonbelief.
The concept of sin has no meaning for many theists as well who are not from the Abrahamic culture either. For us it never is an issue to either think about, much less overcome.
and look at the result in west/christendom. men marry men. mothers murdered 55 million babies in abortions sky high drug/alcohol abuse. baby mamas the norm today

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
and look at the result in west/christendom. men marry men. mothers murdered 55 million babies in abortions sky high drug/alcohol abuse. baby mamas the norm today
I find the modern western society to be light years ahead in terms of morality than how the society was in the times of Paul or Jesus or any time of the past 10,000 years of recorded history.

stanberger

I find the modern western society to be light years ahead in terms of morality than how the society was in the times of Paul or Jesus or any time of the past 10,000 years of recorded history.
then you really must reevaluate your morals men marry men. daughters in west becoming baby mamas to 7 or 8 baby daddies. 24k gun murders per yr in u s thats 520k murders in u s since 9/11. 55 million babies killed in abortions

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I agree. when I left the church it was because of passover god murdering innocent infants in cribs of Egypt. I did not find passover in quran exodus story I converted immediately
You do know that canonically, you're worshipping the same god?
The Quran even references stories from the Hebrew Bible.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
and look at the result in west/christendom.
men marry men.
And this is a problem...why?
mothers murdered 55 million babies in abortions
"Murder?" Murder is illegal killing.
Babies or fœtuses?
What makes it wrong to kill a non-sentient fœtus? A fœtus may be human, but is it a person? What degree of moral consideration does a non-sentient being command?
It doesn't sky high drug/alcohol abuse. baby mamas the norm today
Perhaps due to too few abortions or religious opposition to family values, community or a social safety net? :rolleyes:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
then you really must reevaluate your morals men marry men. daughters in west becoming baby mamas to 7 or 8 baby daddies. 24k gun murders per yr in u s thats 520k murders in u s since 9/11. 55 million babies killed in abortions
Due to lack of secular morality, and lack of social programs due to the influence of religion.

Messianic Israelite

I thought Jesus's name was Yeshu, which is distinct from Yahoshua. I do find it interesting that some people place a Shin in the middle of the Tetragrammaton to make the "Pentagrammaton," YHShWH, for God's personal name to become "Yahshuah" which is similar to Jesus's name but it's not actually the same name.

Aside from that, if sin is just a word for Christian vice, then I doubt that anyone can "save" you from it. You have to choose to stop committing that vice yourself. This might be possible if you only approach specific actions as sins, but given that there are many sins that demonize uncontrollable (and perfectly normal) thoughts and emotions then I doubt that even you could stop yourself from "sinning." A savior figure won't change that; you're the one who sins, not them.

I don't think atheists are more or less honest with themselves than any other group of people. Just like you, they come to their understanding through reason. Some people are subject to fallacy and bias, some people are misinformed, and some people are ignorant and this is why it is easy for many of us to reach different conclusions from one another. We are all a bit biased, a bit misinformed, and a bit ignorant about some things. Atheists just reach different conclusions than theists. There's not usually any ulterior motive beyond that.
Hi Ella S. Good afternoon. Yeshua was of late Hebrew and used to distort the name by pronouncing 'Ye' instead of 'Yah'. As you know, the Jews to this day distort the name Yahweh by calling it ineffable, substituting it and deleting it from the Bible. You can read this article that touches on the subject here: https://secureservercdn.net/198.71....What-is-the-Messiahs-Name.pdf?time=1647702365

I read your post with interest. I agree that we are all a bit biased but I have tried to make it my aim to use the inductive method, rather than deductive method. It helps to establish the facts. But in terms of our Savior stopping us from sinning: Yahshua has helped me keep out sin. One might say I'm deluded, but I noted a marked change between when I accepted Yahshua as my Savior to before then. Being able to call upon Him, knowing that Yahshua means Yahweh is salvation and that John 14:13 is true that "whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." John 16:24 says "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be made full."

I believe in Yahshua the Messiah because I have proof in my life that He has answered my prayers. Course, I'm baptised now and got baptised as soon as I could, at 20 years old, but I can compare my life to before I was baptised to after and there was a huge difference. Yahshua is our Savior who overcame every temptation, "For we have not a high priest that cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but one that hath been in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews 4:15).

I know that had I been in the wrong faith, or using the wrong name, I wouldn't have an answer to my prayers as I do through Yahshua. And I realise that in order to live an overcoming life, overcoming our sinful natures, we need Yahweh to answer our prayers. There is no other way.

Messianic Israelite

I agree with your thoughts concerning the hopelessness of struggling to overcome sin. It’s impossible to overcome or make up for our wrongdoing by our own efforts. Forgiveness and is a GIFT and a gift must be received.

You may find the following article interesting. I like the point it makes that calling on the right Person and only Savior/Messiah is what matters. It is not that a certain name- translation, spelling or pronunciation has magical power.

Jesus, Yeshua or Yahshua? » Kehila News Israel

Hi InChrist. Good afternoon. The Bible teaches us that the true name of the Father and the Son are important to our salvation. We shouldn't translate it. We should transliterate. This is the only way we can preserve the wonderful names of Yahweh and His Son Yahshua the Messiah.

"Jesus" has been corrupted because it was derived from a foreign, second generation attempt to transliterate the Hebrew name Yahshua. Every time I use the name of Yahshua I remember that Yahweh (Yah) is salvation (shua) and it helps me order my life accordingly.

Messianic Israelite

I'm not sure what sin you think I "cannot overcome."

I mean, I'm a cishet man in a monogamous marriage to a woman. I drink alcohol (infrequently) and coffee (frequently) and eat pork (occasionally) and other meat (often); all of these things are sins by some religions, but all of them are also things that many, many theists do, so apparently they aren't an obstacle to faith generally.

I'm an atheist because I don't see any merit in the idea of belief in gods.

As far as I can tell, there's no Yahweh to give up on. I've certainly seen no indication that such a thing could possibly exist.

I've certainly given up on the many people who claim to speak for God - both you and the people who proselytize for Gods who are incompatible with your god-concept - but I'd wager that you've given up on most of them, too.

Perhaps if you could get through a thought about atheists without directing an insult at atheists, you'd get rid of some of your obstacles to understanding.

It's condescending - and more to the point factually wrong - to presume that atheists haven't sought Yahweh (or other gods) earnestly.

Since turnabout is fair play, should I assume that the reason that you aren't an atheist is because of some personal failing on your part?
Hi 9-10ths_Penguin. I apologise if my posts have come across as rude. Atheism is something I don't understand and I'm just trying to make sense of it as best I can. Please try to see that I am somewhat ignorant about atheism even though I have been on this site for 3 years now. I know you have said that you "don't see any merit in the idea of belief in gods." I understand this. You don't have faith. That's fair enough. But what I find it difficult is why a person should go from having faith to absolutely no faith whatsoever.

The merit that comes from belief in Yahweh is that such belief improves the state of our lives to be more like Yahweh and we can also make it in to the Kingdom of Yahweh. Every regret I have can be pinpointed to violating one Law or another. I realized that at a young age and wanted to seek perfection as I knew this would make me happy and blessed.

Interesting how you turned it about to say it may be a personal failing on my part that I'm not an atheist, but I have the good fruit that has resulted from law-keeping to prove that the Law is a good thing. I just don't see why more people don't see things the way I do, or people in my faith do.

Messianic Israelite

bible ' earth a flat circle. does not move. god murders innocent babies in cribs of Egypt [passover]. Jesus 'prince of peace ' attacked rabbis in temple with a whip made of chord. need I say more
Hi stanberger. Good afternoon. The Bible doesn't say the earth is a flat circle. I do agree that during the Passover, which we will be commemorating soon, Yahweh killed all the firstborn of Egypt, however, you don't acknowledge the fact that the Pharaoh of Egypt ordered that all the male children of the Israelites be put to death. You cannot judge the judge of the earth as evil. He knows what He is doing and He is righteous in His judgments.

In terms of Yahshua making a whip of cords and casting them out the Temple, yes, he did so. My savior was zealous and who can blame him. He came to purify the worship of Yahweh. He had every right to purify the Temple which had become as a den of robbers. People were there just to monetize the worship of Yahweh and not to worship Yahweh. He gave his very life so we might be purified and we should all be zealous to cleanse our own temples of sin.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What are your thoughts?
I think you are promoting bondage.

A person is baptized into Christ into the name (household) of the father, the son and the holy spirit, not into the sound of a word. What matters is not the spelling but the family. It is referred to as the household of faith. We know what that family is.

Here is an example of Levi 'In' Abraham, to give an idea of the important of family and what it means to be baptized into one:
[Heb 7:4-10 NIV] 4 Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder! 5 Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people--that is, from their fellow Israelites--even though they also are descended from Abraham. 6 This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 And without doubt the lesser is blessed by the greater. 8 In the one case, the tenth is collected by people who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living. 9 One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham, 10 because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor.​

Christians go 'In' to Christ being adopted, and we join his household which is Abraham's household. That's how it works. Its not about sounds or pronunciations.
[Mat 12:25 NIV] 25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.
[Eph 2:19 NIV] 19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household,
[1Ti 3:15 NIV] 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
[Tit 1:7 NIV] 7 Since an overseer manages God's household, he must be blameless--not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain.
[1Pe 4:17 NIV] 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?​
So the word you have been focusing on 'Name' is hurting you. Stop using it. When you read a passage which says 'Name' try putting 'Household' in wherever you can. At least try it! You will be much better off.

Kelly of the Phoenix

That kind of thing happens every other paragraph in the Bible lol.