• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible that the Bible involves exaggeration? (and King Solomon)

Phin

So are dead Christians just unconscious in their graves still?
No Christians aren’t unconscious in their graves. The Bible says that whosoever believes in Jesus will never die.

When it’s time for a believer in Christ to leave this world, the spirit is taken from the body and goes to heaven in the spiritual body and the earthly body falls to the ground.

Death for a believer would look very much like the seen from the show Westworld where the people were running through the opening of the wall.

Their earthly bodies fell to the ground as they passed through (appearing to die to those observing) but the spirit was translated into the spirit body and they continued to live on the other side of the wall.

Last edited:

DNB

Christian
In post #138 I quoted you saying:
Jesus' curse was not vengeful - that was merely an application from the parable that states that 'whatever serves no purpose is cut down and thrown in the flames'. Jesus was making an illustrative point of what will happen in the end times to the fruitless and unworthy.

I thought the fig tree story being simultaneously historical and figurative doesn't make sense.... maybe you're saying it has a secondary meaning but the point of this thread is whether things are completely accurate and factual.
The fig tree withered

DNB

Christian
You did not STATE that you MEANT that Jesus is the ONLY HUMAN in Heaven [now].

Jesus IS the only human Being in Heaven EVER!

No human has ever been in Heaven until Jesus Christ was raised up to there BY GOD. Jesus will REMAIN the only human in Heaven until the first resurrection. Those humans in the first resurrection, those called ‘The Elect whom are already judged by jesus as worthy for everlasting life, it is said that will reside on Heaven.

You see how your disrespect for correctness can lead to great mistakes in understanding. I’ve seen you make that same mistake with other posters in this forum… mistakes that led to arguments about what was being discussed and what the answer to an actual question was.

Why would you want to be resistant to being corrected if you claim you are trying to teach or express a truth about a gospel/spiritual matter??
The scriptures, from where you should be obtaining your knowledge, themselves speaks against your attitude in this matter:
  • ‘Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but whoever hates correction is stupid.’ (Proverbs 12:1)
  • ‘Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but the one who heeds correction gains understanding.’ (Proverbs 15:32)
What I’m showing you is not ‘Pedantry’. Your terms of use was off-centre and would lead to misunderstanding and errors in correctness in belief : ‘Deceiving and being deceived’ (1 Timothy 3:13) further down the line. The correct behaviour in this instance would have been to just humbly accept the “pedantry”, learn the proper usage, and increase you’d knowledge on the matter:
  • Yahweh, almighty God: the Father, cannot be TEMPTED but he can be TESTED!
quit being pedantic

fourwinds

Does the Holy Bible involve exageration you ask? Keeping in mind the Holy Bible has many authors I am inclined to believe that when the words every and all appear it may not be 100% of the mentioned item in question.

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
The flippin' meaning behind it, dude ...and don't flippin' ask me what the meaning is, again
I came across this (regarding the fig tree miracle which I thought would be either figurative or literal)
"Sylleptic: When a Statement is Both Figuratively and Literally True"