• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Possible For The Bible And Jesus To Disagree?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
What about 2 Kings 2:24?

Doesn't The Bible have God being PROVOKED.....very.....extremely easily?

By the way, people who are NOT gullible know it is a FACT that two bears can not maul that many boys.
2Ki 2:24 And he turnedH6437 back,H310 and lookedH7200 on them, and cursedH7043 them in the nameH8034 of the LORD.H3068 And there came forthH3318 twoH8147 she bearsH1677 out ofH4480 the wood,H3293 and tareH1234 fortyH705 and twoH8147 childrenH3206 ofH4480 them.

Can mean ''divide''. So what does it say then? Anyway, how do you know that this not men that are called bears?

Though you make a good point

Robert.Evans

I am sure it is not my business to be touching the age of man. Therefore it is impossible for me to examine it. Isn't it?
What the heck does that mean? You are the one saying the bible i wrong. I ask for your opinion on that one.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
2Ki 2:24 And he turnedH6437 back,H310 and lookedH7200 on them, and cursedH7043 them in the nameH8034 of the LORD.H3068 And there came forthH3318 twoH8147 she bearsH1677 out ofH4480 the wood,H3293 and tareH1234 fortyH705 and twoH8147 childrenH3206 ofH4480 them.

Can mean ''divide''. So what does it say then? Anyway, how do you know that this not men that are called bears?

Though you make a good point
I guess it is wrong to change "divide the boys" into "maul each one". I imagine the boys running away from the bears in groups in more than one direction. Like a prophetic illustration. Those boys who take care of what the Bible says love blood I fear.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You don't think he is? Vengeance is mine sayth the lord
It isn't The Lord who executes vengeance. The law is what executes vengeance. Which of these say God shall shed blood?
Do they not all say a person shall reap what he sows?
Deuteronomy 32:35
Leviticus 19:18
1 Samuel 26:10,11
Psalms 94:1
Proverbs 20:22
Proverbs 24:29

Tell me. Is YHVH law? YHVH = Law?
Or is law something else?

Disobey the law and suffer the consequences.

True?

If it is really God Almighty who is the one to bring upon a person his consequence then it would be true that God Almighty causes suffering.

Does God Almighty cause suffering?

Or does law?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ezekiel 18:23

Anyone? Can anyone tell me how bears tearing apart boys for some harmless mischief can be reconciled with Ezekiel 18:23? One has to be false. Which one?

Which one is not true?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
WE DON'T CARE WHICH ONE IS NOT TRUE. Get a clue, savagewind.

Now it is established that The World does not care, who should be surprised that when help is needed God won't care?

Sowing don't care.............reaping don't care.

OK?

Robert.Evans

It isn't The Lord who executes vengeance. The law is what executes vengeance. Which of these say God shall shed blood?
Do they not all say a person shall reap what he sows?
Deuteronomy 32:35
Leviticus 19:18
1 Samuel 26:10,11
Psalms 94:1
Proverbs 20:22
Proverbs 24:29

Tell me. Is YHVH law? YHVH = Law?
Or is law something else?

Disobey the law and suffer the consequences.

True?

If it is really God Almighty who is the one to bring upon a person his consequence then it would be true that God Almighty causes suffering.

Does God Almighty cause suffering?

Or does law?
You make a good point. But what of Sodom? Was that not from God? We might call it natural now.

Robert.Evans

Deu 6:15 (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Robert.Evans

Deu 7:23 But the LORD thy God shall deliver them unto thee, and shall destroy them with a mighty destruction, until they be destroyed.

Robert.Evans

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Robert.Evans

Exo 4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
I do not believe evil = adversity. You are free to, though.

It is written that God shall provide a way out. But there is no promise that the way out will be easy. The word for evil means difficult.