• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible for believers to believe the Bible has mistakes in it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Humanity didn't come from God you say. Belief in A God has caused much suffering in human history. I think that is a fact. Other animals do not believe in A God so believing in God makes Adam (humanity) worse than the animals. Isn't it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can hear someone thinking "causing pain and suffering in the name of God does not make one worse or better than not causing pain and suffering in the name of God." Is it you sojourner?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So animals who do not worship God and animals who do worship God are the same according to you. Is this correct? What other animal worships God? Do only some of each animal type worship God?
Nope. Not what I said. I said that when God blew into Adam's nostrils, Adam became nephesh -- a living being. I said nothing about worship. At all.

sojourner

Who said "humanness means in the image of God"? It is in quotes. What is real nice about the new forum is I can access the true post whenever someone misquotes it. Nice! Huh? See the little arrow? I love it!
You did, post #352: "The Bible says humanness means in the image of God." That's what you typed; that's what I quoted. And that's not what the bible says.

sojourner

Humanity didn't come from God you say. Belief in A God has caused much suffering in human history. I think that is a fact. Other animals do not believe in A God so believing in God makes Adam (humanity) worse than the animals. Isn't it?
Animals also suffer. No one ever said "God eliminates suffering." I just don't get where you're going with this? It looks as though you're grasping at straws because you posted something that's just not quite correct, I called you on it, and you can't quite come up with anything but "Well, yeah, but..."

The bible never says humanity comes from God. The bible never says Jesus came from God. Period. Humanity came from the earth. Jesus came from his mother, just like all other human beings. I suppose you could say that, since God is Creator, indirectly all things come from God. But I don't think that's how you meant that statement.

sojourner

I can hear someone thinking "causing pain and suffering in the name of God does not make one worse or better than not causing pain and suffering in the name of God." Is it you sojourner?
Nope. Not me. Misrepresenting God's probably pretty serious, theologically speaking.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope. Not what I said. I said that when God blew into Adam's nostrils, Adam became nephesh -- a living being. I said nothing about worship. At all.
I know. I said something about it. Humanity is the only group which worships God. Or are there others?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You did, post #352: "The Bible says humanness means in the image of God." That's what you typed; that's what I quoted. And that's not what the bible says.
Very interesting. I did say it. Humans are in God image. How do we know this? The Bible says it.
Are humans not in God's image?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK The Bible doesn't say humanness means in the image of God. What does this mean?

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." Genesis 1:26

sojourner

Very interesting. I did say it. Humans are in God image. How do we know this? The Bible says it.
Are humans not in God's image?
That's correct. However, you said that being in God's image makes us human. But the bible doesn't say that.

sojourner

OK The Bible doesn't say humanness means in the image of God. What does this mean?

Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." Genesis 1:26
It means that humanity is the imago dei.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't see what this has to do with the topic?
You said humanness doesn't mean in God's image. But humans are the only species that worships God. Are there other species which worship God? No? Then humanness does mean in God's image.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's correct. However, you said that being in God's image makes us human. But the bible doesn't say that.
Being human means we are in God'simage is not exactly the same as saying what you hear me saying which is it makes us human. Birth makes us human.

sojourner

You said humanness doesn't mean in God's image. But humans are the only species that worships God. Are there other species which worship God? No? Then humanness does mean in God's image.
Being human means we are in God'simage is not exactly the same as saying what you hear me saying which is it makes us human. Birth makes us human.

That's not what Genesis 1 says. Genesis 1 says that humankind was made in God's image. But it's not God's image that makes us human. it's genetics that makes us human. It's being born that makes us human, just as you said. Jesus was born of his mother. Jesus came from Mary.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
There are a lot of people out there who are starting to question their beliefs, this is one reason why people are falling away from religion, which to my way of thinking is good.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Right. The message of course is inherent but each word is not.
John 5:39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me
They look for the written word to be perfect. It isn't.
The message is YHVH is salvation.
Ok... but if they testify of him, they must be right, yeah?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
You have posted words that prove words can't be trusted. Thank you.

What is what? Haha

That is a rhetorical question. It could be Jesus. He is he. It could be universe. I have to imagine your question "What is it?" means what is the unbiverse because Jesus is he not it. Oh! You can do it.

The universe is it which pays back. You shall reap what you sow.
My point was: what is the universe if it is not part of God? What else can it be?

I like the crazy way you write sometimes :)