• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Mere Prudence To Wear A Snorkle In the Bath?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Like many people, my mother taught me to wear a snorkle when taking a bath in case I should accidently slip underwater. As I've grown older, however, I've come to question this practice despite the seemingly obvious good sense it makes.

In fact, it recently occured to me that it might actually be unecessary to wear a snorkle while bathing, and that thought, quite naturally, has caused me to wonder if I'm onto something, or if instead I am merely growing wild and reckless in my old age?

Has anyone else considered giving up wearing a snorkle when they bathe? And if you have actually given up wearing a snorkle, have you drowned yet?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Has anyone else considered giving up wearing a snorkle when they bathe? And if you have actually given up wearing a snorkle, have you drowned yet?
I did! I did, I did!!!! I was ever so brave; I had thought about it for years...........

One my 50th Birthday, I took the valiant and unquestionably brave step of not wearing my snorkle. I did drown though.

Thankfully, as I believe in reincarnation, I took the unprecedented decision to by pass the middle man (the BIG guy in the sky), and allowed myself to be revived (saved all that hanging around in limbo waiting for another suitable body)...........now, I have started growing gills (having taken stem cells from an unusually large prawn I was about to eat the other evening). The trouble is, my nails are going all gray and hard.........:(

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hema said:
I have never touched a snorkle in my life. :p

Oh, Hema, and I tried to bring you up in the best way possible. I realise now that I have failed you miserably.................:(

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And if you have actually given up wearing a snorkle, have you drowned yet?
Yup, I drown, when I was five I think. My corpse continues to live as a constant warning to people of what happens should you not use a snorkel. Or in Pete's case, scuba gear.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Sunstone said:
Some folks might reasonably suspect you of being reckless with your own safety.

When I was a baby, they had a little tubbie into which I would soak my cute lil self. :bath: My mommy was always around to wash me up. Then when I outgrew aforementioned tubbie, I took showers so I couldn't slip under any water and drown myself. :D All of this was when we lived by my grandmother. When I got older and my parents got their own home, only then did we get a bathtub.

michel/dad said:
Oh, Hema, and I tried to bring you up in the best way possible. I realise now that I have failed you miserably.................:(

Oh no, you didn't fail me. I was always safe! Honest. See my response above. :)