• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Even Possible to Reconcile God with Evolution?

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
WAIT there's more funny stuff!
Here's Dawkins conclusion about how flight evolved-
"My guess is that both bats and birds evolved flight by gliding downwards from the trees.. Here’s one guess as to how flying got started in birds.. Perhaps birds began by leaping off the ground while bats began gliding out of trees. Or perhaps birds too began by gliding out of trees. ('Climbing Mt Imp', pp 113–4)

In that short extract Dawks uses the words "guess" and "perhaps" a total of four times!
Well that's all neatly explained and tied in pretty pink ribbons then; according to him creatures used to either hurl themselves out of trees and get splatted on the ground, or hop around like crackheads until they magically began sprouting wings..;)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
WAIT there's more funny stuff!
Here's Dawkins conclusion about how flight evolved-
"My guess is that both bats and birds evolved flight by gliding downwards from the trees.. Here’s one guess as to how flying got started in birds.. Perhaps birds began by leaping off the ground while bats began gliding out of trees. Or perhaps birds too began by gliding out of trees. ('Climbing Mt Imp', pp 113–4)

In that short extract Dawks uses the words "guess" and "perhaps" a total of four times!
Well that's all neatly explained and tied in pretty pink ribbons then; according to him creatures used to either hurl themselves out of trees and get splatted on the ground, or hop around like crackheads until they magically began sprouting wings..;)

It is interesting that you mock the very magic you think brought all of existence into being....

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
No "magic" involved; God simply wrote the Creation/Evolution program then hit 'Go"..:)

bigbang.gif~original

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allen Poe
"You can be in my dream if i can be in your dream" -Bob Dylan
"We are such stuff as dreams are made on" -The Tempest
"Strawberry Fields...nothing is real" - The Beatles
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one'' -Einstein
"What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" - Bible,James 4:14
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"- Morpheus in The Matrix
"Become a fool by the worlds standards in order to become wise" (1 Cor 3:18)
"The great secret of the successful fool is that he's no fool at all"- Isaac Asimov"

[youtube]pC0F0jJtoSg[/youtube]

Last edited:

Parsimony

That's not even remotely how evolution works.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Originally Posted by Shuttlecraft
Well that's all neatly explained and tied in pretty pink ribbons then; according to him creatures used to either hurl themselves out of trees and get splatted on the ground, or hop around like crackheads until they magically began sprouting wings..
That's not even remotely how evolution works.

Well argue it out with Dawks, he's the one who said it..:)

"My guess is that both bats and birds evolved flight by gliding downwards from the trees.. Here’s one guess as to how flying got started in birds.. Perhaps birds began by leaping off the ground while bats began gliding out of trees. Or perhaps birds too began by gliding out of trees. (Dawkins, Climbing Mt Imp, pp 113–4)

Delta-9

Sarcastic post below:

And Darwin said, and I quote, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of Spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

There you have it folks, Darwin himself calls evolution "absurd in the highest degree!"

Checkmate evilutionists! ;)

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

"My guess is that both bats and birds evolved flight by gliding downwards from the trees.. Here’s one guess as to how flying got started in birds.. Perhaps birds began by leaping off the ground while bats began gliding out of trees. Or perhaps birds too began by gliding out of trees. (Dawkins, Climbing Mt Imp, pp 113–4)

Sure, and the evidence supports Dawkins on this - dinosaurs with feathered forelimbs have been found.

What are you objecting to?

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Sure, and the evidence supports Dawkins on this - dinosaurs with feathered forelimbs have been found.
What are you objecting to?

They never got off the ground; think "wing area and power-to-weight ratio"
That's why T.Rex's were so bad-tempered, they wanted to fly but knew they'd never be able..:)

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
They never got off the ground; think "wing area and power-to-weight ratio"
That's why T.Rex's were so bad-tempered, they wanted to fly but knew they'd never be able..:)

Do you have a serious answer? Many of the raptors had forelimbs with feathers adapted to help them manoever faster - what has power to weight ration got to do with anything? The raptors had very light frames.

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
Do you have a serious answer? Many of the raptors had forelimbs with feathers adapted to help them manoever faster - what has power to weight ration got to do with anything? The raptors had very light frames.

The dinos couldn't get off the runway because they were much too big to fly, think "gravity".
Same with humans, we could strap on a pair of wood and canvas wings and flap til the cows come home but we'd never get off the ground.
So God went back to the drawing board and made dinos much smaller and they became what we now call birds..:)

DINO- "Hey Jesus, I want to be a naval ay-vee-ay-tor when I grow up, can't you fix me up with some wings?"
JESUS- "Sorry kiddo, you're on the way out"

jes-dino.jpg

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The dinos couldn't get off the runway because they were much too big to fly.
Same with humans, we could strap on a pair of wood and canvas wings and flap til the cows come home but we'd never get off the ground.
So God went back to the drawing board and made dinos much smaller and they became what we now call birds..:)

Your not making sense. The dinos DID get off the runway - the birds are the only extant clade of dinosauria.

Humans fly all the time also, what are you arguing?

The raptors that had feathers were only about the size of a turkey.

McBell

"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allen Poe
"You can be in my dream if i can be in your dream" -Bob Dylan
"We are such stuff as dreams are made on" -The Tempest
"Strawberry Fields...nothing is real" - The Beatles
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one'' -Einstein
"What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" - Bible,James 4:14
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"- Morpheus in The Matrix
"Become a fool by the worlds standards in order to become wise" (1 Cor 3:18)
"The great secret of the successful fool is that he's no fool at all"- Isaac Asimov"

[youtube]pC0F0jJtoSg[/youtube]

Reduced to spamming the thread?
Already?

Thats gotta hurt.

McBell

Presenting a quote mine again after it was shown to be a quote mine is not something you want to do if you want to ever be taken seriously again.