1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Islamic Sunni Hadiths written in Modern arabic or Classic arabic

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Lars, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Lars

Lars Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Religion:
    Theist
    I am reading "Ibn Kathir"(English). I make audiobooks of it on YouTube. Already done 1-6 Sunni hadiths in english. So once i have read Ibn Kathir i plan on doing rest of hadiths on sunnah.com aswell as this tafsir in english

But i wonder if the side stuff on sunnah.com. If the arabic used here is modern or classic? I am gonna assume its classic arabic. I learn on side note arabic too nowadays. Its very fun to learn a new language. But just to get confirmation is all!

Although i do know there is already great audiobooks in arabic of 1-6 hadiths. I think its more based on abridged readings. So for example. Sahih bukhari is 95 in abridged versions. But its 97 books online.

So its why i consider making an attempt. But i will not try if i am uncertain about my arabic in the future

But here is the website i read from. English to left and arabic to right
    Revelation - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. sun rise

sun rise "This is the Hour of God"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +30,102
    Religion:
    Love
    Welcome to RF

• Like Like x 1