• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Islamic faith reasonable.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
It most certainly is a world view. It encompasses (at least the evolutionists say) the basis for morality, the absence of God or any other compteting moral systems (non-thistic evolution anyway), any way of assigning value to life, the absence of any absolute objective system to appeal to, etc....... There is hardly an issue that implies as much, or deserves scrutiny as much as non-theistic evolution.

First of all NO scientific theory can rule in favor of or rule out the existence of the supernatural. Science in itself has no benchmark test for the supernatural and the theist community has not been forthcoming with such a way to even begin to test that hypothesis. Now clarify what you mean...what do you mean by "Non-Theistic Evolution"...?

Could you explain how evolution cured a pandemic in our past where the study of genetics alone could not.

I never said it did. So you know....The study of Genetics is to have a firm grasp and understanding of Evolution and it processes.

If if evolution was a fact then yes it still is. I am not arguing the truth or untruth of it only it's obvious implications.

But what type of evolution are you talking about? There are no implications of evolution.

I hope you are not one of these evolution is responsible for everything good in history and religion is responsible for all the bad people.

Nope, not me. Personally I see no need for religion but I would not begrudge anyone their own personal way of life.

One time in a similar discussion, I posted a list of great accomplishments of Christians because of their faith. That person claimed it as proof of evolutions benevolence.

Many religions and cultures of various people around the planet throughout our history have made great contributions to humanity. But the only way to truly understand the diversification of life on this planet is with an understanding of evolution. But again, we have to be clear as to what "evolution" we're focusing on.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
First of all NO scientific theory can rule in favor of or rule out the existence of the supernatural. Science in itself has no benchmark test for the supernatural and the theist community has not been forthcoming with such a way to even begin to test that hypothesis. Now clarify what you mean...what do you mean by "Non-Theistic Evolution"...?
No evolution doesn't disprove God but that doesn't stop evolutionists from suggesting it does. That was not my point anyway. The three most likely scenarios are: Theistic or Deistic Creation, Theistic evolution, or non-theistic evolution. They each have implications that are suggested by the assumptions of each. When airtravel is contemplated then the likelyhood of a crash is an inherent implication that is considered. The aircraft is not an evil object and doesn't a will but has side effects or negative aspects that are not seperate from a diccussion of air travel. The traveler does not rule out the reality of the possibility of a crash inherent in airtravel because aircraft are usually discussed in terms of aerodynamics. I have discussed this topic with many atheists who insisted rather irrationaly in my opinion that evolution or it's natural selection component is responseable for our morals. Your position is the minority by far in my experience.

Since Christianity requires faith and proof negates the need of faith then I don't think short of the rapture that any proof will or could be coming for God.

I never said it did. So you know....The study of Genetics is to have a firm grasp and understanding of Evolution and it processes.
The sole purpose of genetics is not to hash out evolution, although I am sure it is used for that. My point was genetics minus the THEORY of evolution is just as capable as with it. This is going to devolve into a boring evolutionary debate that I am not willing to make outside of it's current involvement.

But what type of evolution are you talking about? There are no implications of evolution.
See the airplane example above. I mean materialistic non-theistic evolution.

Nope, not me. Personally I see no need for religion but I would not begrudge anyone their own personal way of life.
Very well.

Many religions and cultures of various people around the planet throughout our history have made great contributions to humanity. But the only way to truly understand the diversification of life on this planet is with an understanding of evolution. But again, we have to be clear as to what "evolution" we're focusing on.
I think you missed the point of my statement.