• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God pro-abortion?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not sure you can read either, that’s a lot of your problem but let me spell it out.
Notice how Jesus here in this verse is saving the people out of the land of Egypt.
Once again, that was not Jesus. That was supposedly Jude that made that claim. Perhaps you should get one of those red letter Bibles. They show what Jesus said in red.

Try again.

@ElishaElijah here is a link to a Red Letter Bible for you. If God supposedly said it the words are in dark red, if Jesus supposedly said it the words are in light red:

Holy Bible: King James Version, Complete Red Letter Edition, Summaries, Popularity (quotescosmos.com)

And here is a link to Jude from that version of the Bible, no red at all:

Jude: with Summary, Popularity and Images - QuotesCosmos
Lol, so it’s taken 3 comments by you so far, you’d rather run with that then actually read properly.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And in Jude where did I say Jesus said?

Yes, you did. Here is a quote of your post:

"I can support my claims but you haven’t supported yours and didn't feel like giving you the answers.
“But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Notice how Jesus here in this verse was there saving the people out of the land of Egypt."

Bolding is mine.

Yes, you did. Here is a quote of your post:

"I can support my claims but you haven’t supported yours and didn't feel like giving you the answers.
“But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Notice how Jesus here in this verse was there saving the people out of the land of Egypt."

Bolding is mine.
Says saving not saying

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Lol, so it’s taken 3 comments by you so far, you’d rather run with that then actually read properly.

Oh sorry, bad eyesight. My mistake.

You used the word "saving" I read "saying". But it was not Jude saying that Jesus did that, he said "the Lord" did that. A reference to God. You should have read the previous verse where he makes a difference between the two:

"4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Notice he used an and which indicated that those people were denying both God and Jesus.

Oh sorry, bad eyesight. My mistake.

You used the word "saving" I read "saying". But it was not Jude saying that Jesus did that, he said "the Lord" did that. A reference to God. You should have read the previous verse where he makes a difference between the two:

"4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Notice he used an and which indicated that those people were denying both God and Jesus.
The same word for Lord is used for Jesus Christ in verse 4 and in verse 5. Whether you agree or disagree isn’t the point. It’s a matter of what the Scripture teaches and means. I already know you don’t believe the Bible, I do. Jude say the Lord saved the people out of Egypt meaning Jesus Christ if not Jesus who? He used the same word for Lord there.

Attachments

• 106CFF50-D873-47FD-81CC-EC53C25E3CDA.jpeg
    106CFF50-D873-47FD-81CC-EC53C25E3CDA.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 0

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The same word for Lord is used for Jesus Christ in verse 4 and in verse 5. Whether you agree or disagree isn’t the point. It’s a matter of what the Scripture teaches and means. I already know you don’t believe the Bible, I do. Jude say the Lord saved the people out of Egypt meaning Jesus Christ if not Jesus who? He used the same word for Lord there.
Relying on single words can be misleading What point do you think that you were making with that verse anyway? I already granted that there are verses where it looks like Jesus said that he is God and there could be verses where it looks like others thought that he was God. Who wrote that particular book is in question since it quoted parts of the apocrypha. It is contested by some that it should not be part of the Bible as a result. What you have to ignore are the verses where Jesus says that he is not God. You only confirm my claims that Christianity is a Smorgasbord religion by doing so. It is why there are countless different sects of Christianity. One can interpret the Bible almost any way that one wants.

Relying on single words can be misleading What point do you think that you were making with that verse anyway? I already granted that there are verses where it looks like Jesus said that he is God and there could be verses where it looks like others thought that he was God. Who wrote that particular book is in question since it quoted parts of the apocrypha. It is contested by some that it should not be part of the Bible as a result. What you have to ignore are the verses where Jesus says that he is not God. You only confirm my claims that Christianity is a Smorgasbord religion by doing so. It is why there are countless different sects of Christianity. One can interpret the Bible almost any way that one wants.
Great then we can end our conversation there and no need to go any further. Thanks

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Great then we can end our conversation there and no need to go any further. Thanks
Do you think that you can learn from your errors? It is a mistake to only read part of the Bible. If one reads all of it the self contradictions are undeniable, well to an honest person. Oddly almost all apologists will claim that there are no errors in the Bible yet they will interpret parts of it that make the interpretations of others a contradiction. They have to say that because they make the error of turning the Bible into a false idol.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Have you heard the phrase "feed the monkey and watch him ****"
The other half is "if you quit feeding the monkey, he quits ****ting"
Too bad that you are not interested in an actual conversation ever. You appear to just want to stir the pot. @ElishaElijah has only demonstrated that he can only cherry pick. The number one problem with Christianity is that the inconsistency of the Bible makes it ripe for the picking. That was what the video that I posted showed. If one cherry picks the right verses God is pro-abortion. In fact there are far more that seem to support it than oppose it. One has to cherry pick the Bible to support almost any concept If one is against abortion there are better arguments.

We Never Know

No Slack
Who cares if that particular word is in the Bible or not. Neither is the word "felching" so I guess that act is perfectly acceptable according to the Bible.

This error of yours is an example of a Red Herring.

If you had no clue what the word feltching meant, how did you come about to google it?
If you googled it by the action, then you had to be familiar with the action. If you just googled it out of the blue, how did you know what to google?
Are you hiding in a closet? You must be because you are very familiar with terms most others aren't.
But to each his own.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you had no clue what the word feltching meant, how did you come about to google it?
If you googled it by the action, then you had to be familiar with the action. If you just googled it out of the blue, how did you know what to google?
Are you hiding in a closet? You must be because you are very familiar with terms most others aren't.
But to each his own.
Nope. Once again you are arguing based upon emotions rather than logic. You forgot that I understood my opponent.