• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God pro-abortion?

LOL! How is my judgement wrong? Once again, you do not get to chop off your child's hand for touching a hot stove.
So you’re saying that’s the same thing? You’re judgement is wrong because you obviously don’t have all the information or know the motive. You’re judging 2 different situations and motives and saying they’re the same and they aren’t.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you’re saying that’s the same thing? You’re judgement is wrong because you obviously don’t have all the information or know the motive. You’re judging 2 different situations and motives and saying they’re the same and they aren’t.

It appears that you cannot reason properly here.

The supposed crime was the same in both cases. They were very minor breakings of that supposed crime in both cases, unless you want to claim that the Bible is wrong. Like it or not Jesus contradicts God there.

By the way, from a legal standpoint you have put the burden of proof upon yourself. You are trying to use what is called an affirmative defense. In the case of the man gathering sticks you have admitted that your fictitious version of God had the man killed. In other words he did the crime. That puts the burden of proof of finding a valid reason for him to kill a person for just gathering sticks on him.

So prove your case or move on.

It appears that you cannot reason properly here.

The supposed crime was the same in both cases. They were very minor breakings of that supposed crime in both cases, unless you want to claim that the Bible is wrong. Like it or not Jesus contradicts God there.

By the way, from a legal standpoint you have put the burden of proof upon yourself. You are trying to use what is called an affirmative defense. In the case of the man gathering sticks you have admitted that your fictitious version of God had the man killed. In other words he did the crime. That puts the burden of proof of finding a valid reason for him to kill a person for just gathering sticks on him.

So prove your case or move on.
You said the crimes were the same, you said Jesus contradicted God and didn’t agree with the Sabbath rules. You don’t know even know all the facts of the case, but God does, the leaders did, Jesus did. You don’t so you’re wrong and so is your judgement and opinion on it

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You said the crimes were the same, you said Jesus contradicted God and didn’t agree with the Sabbath rules. You don’t know even know all the facts of the case, but God does, the leaders did, Jesus did. You don’t so you’re wrong
Yes, they both supposedly violated the law on keeping the Sabbath.

And I know more than enough. Once again you are trying to use an affirmative defense. If you cannot support your claim you lose.

Yes, they both supposedly violated the law on keeping the Sabbath.

And I know more than enough. Once again you are trying to use an affirmative defense. If you cannot support your claim you lose.
Wrong pal, God didn’t say the disciples broke the Sabbath because He was right there, the Religious leaders falsely interpret the Sabbath rules and said they broke the rules when they didn’t. They did nothing wrong there

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wrong pal, God didn’t say the disciples broke the Sabbath because He was right there, the Religious leaders falsely interpret the Sabbath rules and said they broke the rules when they didn’t. They did nothing wrong there

Wrong again. Jesus was there. Not God. If you want to claim that Jesus is God that puts a very heavy burden of proof upon you. Yes, there are verses in John that imply that Jesus is God, but there are verses in Luke and Matthew that strongly imply that he is not. The Bible of course contradicts itself and since Christianity is a Smorgasbord religion Christians only choose the parts of the Bible that they want to believe.

By the way you should be very happy that we know that the supposed case in Numbers almost certainly did not happen since Moses is one of the fictional characters of the Bible. Your God is not as evil as you think that he is.

Please do not try to shift the burden of proof. If you want to change things you must find a valid argument for a change. Right now the law supports me and I am willing to accept that.

By the way, your response is typical of a person that knows that he is wrong. You might want to rethink your strategies.

Before changing anything, it is necessary to know what is to be changed.

But, this is really not now about who is right, but about that I want to learn, what is the definition for human that you accept. That you refuse to answer tells to me that it is not good one.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Before changing anything, it is necessary to know what is to be changed.

But, this is really not now about who is right, but about that I want to learn, what is the definition for human that you accept. That you refuse to answer tells to me that it is not good one.
And I explained to you how you are trying to shift the burden of proof by making this demand. Did you not understand that?

Wrong again. Jesus was there. Not God. If you want to claim that Jesus is God that puts a very heavy burden of proof upon you. Yes, there are verses in John that imply that Jesus is God, but there are verses in Luke and Matthew that strongly imply that he is not. The Bible of course contradicts itself and since Christianity is a Smorgasbord religion Christians only choose the parts of the Bible that they want to believe.

By the way you should be very happy that we know that the supposed case in Numbers almost certainly did not happen since Moses is one of the fictional characters of the Bible. Your God is not as evil as you think that he is.
Bible only contradicts itself according to people who lack understanding of the Scriptures. Jesus is God in the flesh, anyone denying that is talking under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ.
The disciples didn’t break the Sabbath as Jesus explained to the Pharisees. If you knew the law and application you could see the difference.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Bible only contradicts itself according to people who lack understanding of the Scriptures. Jesus is God in the flesh, anyone denying that is talking under the influence of the spirit of anti-Christ.
The disciples didn’t break the Sabbath as Jesus explained to the Pharisees. If you knew the law and application you could see the difference.
You have that backwards.

The Bible has no contradictions only according to those that blind themselves and refuse to read what the Bible actually says. That is one of the reason why that a rather high percentage of actual Bible scholars become atheists.

You have that backwards.

The Bible has no contradictions only according to those that blind themselves and refuse to read what the Bible actually says. That is one of the reason why that a rather high percentage of actual Bible scholars become atheists.
And you’re wrong about the Sabbath as you are a lot of the time so far in your application and interpretation of the Word of God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And you’re wrong about the Sabbath as you are a lot of the time so far in your application and interpretation of the Word of God.
How so? I supported my claims with verses from the Bible. You cannot afford to understand the Bible so all you can do is claim that others do not understand it.

By the way, if God cannot lie then the Genesis and Exodus stories are not literally true. This is something that you probably will not let yourself understand either. And again you should be thankful for that because those stories tell us that God is an evil monster. Not the supposedly loving God that you claim that he is.

How so? I supported my claims with verses from the Bible. You cannot afford to understand the Bible so all you can do is claim that others do not understand it.

By the way, if God cannot lie then the Genesis and Exodus stories are not literally true. This is something that you probably will not let yourself understand either. And again you should be thankful for that because those stories tell us that God is an evil monster. Not the supposedly loving God that you claim that he is.
I haven't seen anything close to you proving your views with Scripture, like the latest Sabbath. It’s clear in both instances the difference between the 2 situations that you claim are the same thing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I haven't seen anything close to you proving your views with Scripture, like the latest Sabbath. It’s clear in both instances the difference between the 2 situations that you claim are the same thing.
But that is because you cannot allow yourself to understand. And yes, the situations are close enough. The same supposed law was broken. The same punishment should be meted out. But then since you cannot support your claims, and you do really need to do that. all that is left for you is denail.

That sort of sucks, doesn't it. When the facts only support the other side what are you going to do? I predict more denial.

But that is because you cannot allow yourself to understand. And yes, the situations are close enough. The same supposed law was broken. The same punishment should be meted out. But then since you cannot support your claims, and you do really need to do that. all that is left for you is denail.

That sort of sucks, doesn't it. When the facts only support the other side what are you going to do? I predict more denial.
I can support my claims but you haven’t supported yours and didn't feel like giving you the answers.
“But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Notice how Jesus here in this verse was there saving the people out of the land of Egypt.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I can support my claims but you haven’t supported yours and didn't feel like giving you the answers.
“But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Notice how Jesus here in this verse was there saving the people out of the land of Egypt.
LOL!! That was not Jesus saying that. Seriously dude, read your Bible. That was attributed to Jude, though that is in doubt.

LOL!! That was not Jesus saying that. Seriously dude, read your Bible. That was attributed to Jude, though that is in doubt.
Not sure you can read either, that’s a lot of your problem but let me spell it out.
Notice how Jesus here in this verse is saving the people out of the land of Egypt.