• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God involved in the Coronavirus?

DTM786

Not all Abrahamic religious believers believe the same way. I do not believe that God has a hand in everything because God gave us a rational mind and free will to manage our own affairs.

I do not believe that God had anything to do with this virus. I was only thinking out loud when I posted this thread a week ago, but after I read the posts on this thread I realized that God had nothing to do with this outbreak.

I fully agree. The material world is fraught with suffering and this virus is just one example of many. I want nothing more than to be free of this world, but I have to wait till my designated time to depart.

It’s biblical that these type of events will occur and these are signs that He is at the door ready to come for his church before other events occur. Right now we are living the tribulation but the church of God won’t go through the great tribulation. Anyways it’s time to get closer to God. He’s coming!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
First, let me say I understand your concerns. This is probably the greatest national crisis you have ever had in your life. You have nothing to compare it to. It's bigger than 9/11 even. And you are wondering why these drastic measures are necessary when it looks like the cure is worse than the disease. Am I understanding you right?

What many people are not getting is that they think if we can't lock down this virus, if it simply does its natural thing, 3-4% of the world's population will die. THAT would be a crisis bigger than we can handle. And that's not all who would be sick. That's just the one's who would succumb. If left to its natural devices, the world will be absolutely overwrought. We wouldn't have enough hospital beds to put the sick, or enough graves to bury the dead. We have an idea how it would go, because of plagues that have hit the world in history, such as the 1918 influenza, or black death in the middle ages.

We are trying to use our knowledge of history and science to get ahead of that curve. And that means using some, yes, draconian measures. It means pulling together as people, as cities, states, nations, even as a world.

And yes, its going to get worse before it gets better. I'm not going to share my private thoughts because I don't want to increase a panic. Indeed I think people panicking are causing most of the trouble, such as food hoarding. But I think this will last until the vaccine comes out in 12-18 months. So you can imagine yourself, what it will be like trying to get through this for that long a time. Think of it as taking chemotherapy and radiation in order to get rid of a deadly cancer. The treatment is itself just awful! But it is the only thing we can do to save the life.

The thing of it is, as with all true tragedies such as wars, earthquakes, floods, etc., they never last forever. Life always goes on and things recover. Always. "This too shall pass."

Indeed one of the things we should learn from these times of trials is that the good times too, never last. "This too shall pass." It keeps us humble!

Spread the love. We are one people, one race, one humanity. We will survive. May God bless you during this time.
I am not sure what you mean by drastic measures? If you mean social distancing I am all for it and I don't consider it drastic, if it can prevent this from spreading. The businesses that have to close their doors will have to get back on their feet somehow, but economics is not the biggest concern now. My state agency is already providing tax relief for those businesses.

I do not think anyone really knows what is going to happen with this virus, so I do not see any value in speculating. However, everyone handles these things differently, so some people feel they have more control if they have more information. I am not one of those people. I let go and let God. I am not worried abut my health like so many people. If I die, I die and go to the next world.

The hundred-dollar question is how many people will become infected and of those how many will die. Another hundred-dollar question is where these people will be located. I do not think anyone can know that except God, because only God knows everything and only God can see into the future.

What you said, that we are all one people, one race, one humanity was the primary message of Baha'u'llah.

It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 250

We are now seeing that in action, as we realize how we are all interconnected with those around us and with those in other parts of the world.

I am pretty angry about the hoarding of food and disinfecting supplies because I consider it thoroughly selfish, and as such it is a spiritual problem, not a psychological problem like some people have when they hoard under ordinary circumstances. I am so angry that I plan to start a thread about hoarding as it is related to this pandemic. It is so sickening that people can be so selfish, especially at a time like this when people should be banding together. I have no more words, at least for now. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It’s biblical that these type of events will occur and these are signs that He is at the door ready to come for his church before other events occur. Right now we are living the tribulation but the church of God won’t go through the great tribulation. Anyways it’s time to get closer to God. He’s coming!
I see you are new here. Welcome aboard. Sorry we had to meet under these circumstances. :(

Anyhow, I believe that Christ has already returned.

You might be interested in a thread I started about a month ago:
How God’s Kingdom Will Come—Not What You Think!

I was posting mostly to Christians on that thread so you can get some idea of what I believe by reading a few of those posts.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I just chalk it up to biology.

Viruses just happen to work this way and the present is no exception from the past.

I don't see it as any kind of grand sky daddy plan and it's kind of a conceit if you think that we are somehow an exception just because we're human beings in terms of Nature and biology.
What is wrong if human beings turn to G-d, reform themselves and do good deeds?
I see no harm in it. Right, please?

Regards