• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is God good? Is God loving?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If God is good and God is loving what is the evidence? This is all about evidence. I don’t want to see any scriptures because they are not evidence.

Look around you in this world. What evidence do you see that would indicate that a good/loving God exists? I am trying to be objective about this rather than being influenced by my own feelings and life experiences which do not constitute evidence.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If God is good and God is loving what is the evidence? This is all about evidence. I don’t want to see any scriptures because they are not evidence.

Look around you in this world. What evidence do you see that would indicate that a good/loving God exists? I am trying to be objective about this rather than being influenced by my own feelings and life experiences which do not constitute evidence.

God is loving no more or less than the person holding the strings of their mental puppet.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I notice believers seem to transfer the love they want to have to god and by their devotion to god he gives them the perfect idea of love that they are missing. Belief in god is a motivator to find love for oneself. The blessings and scripture and all of that confirms that god is doing his part. If people didn't believe in god, they wouldn't have that full love. So, it's not trying to ask a being/spirit (so have you) to be loving (unless that's what you believe) but it's to learn to love yourself by seeing and interacting the signs life throws at you.

It's a tilt in perspective. Unless you believe god is a being literally handling the laws and the shape of the universe, it's a personal growth rather than someone saying "here is love" on a platter.

Lain

The existence of all things and their maintenance in existence, to me that is full evidence of it (presuming the existence of God).

Reactions: DNB

Nimos

Hi Trail :)

I think you have to be more specific in regards to your question or phrase it differently. Reason being that, if you do not specify or define what you mean with "good" and "loving" anything really goes.

For instance, "It is good to not kill"... therefore that is evidence of God being good, because not everyone kills. However I think you would agree that it wouldn't really be considered very useful evidence. Unless we establish or agree that "not killing" is in fact good.

And we can't do that unless we agree or establish some sort of common ground for what we are measuring against. That is why some atheists will argue that for instance "Human wellbeing" as common ground for morality is good.

So if "Wellbeing" is what we measure against, clearly killing someone would be considered bad. Now this has to be understood rather loosely and it is often very poorly defined what exactly is meant by "Wellbeing", or that it is assumed that we as humans can agree on some common understanding of this.

For me personally, I don't believe that good and evil exists, but that it is purely a subjective opinion, and good and evil is simply placeholders for what one personally consider beneficial or not beneficial in regards to what you personally believe, which will often align with whatever culture or society one is raised in, so therefore "Wellbeing" is also subjective and the assumption that we can arrive or agree on some common ground for what "Wellbeing" is, seems to be nothing more than wishful thinking or to vague to establish a moral basis on.

Christians or Muslims will obviously or at least in most cases, say that the Bible/Quran is the common ground, because of God. Obviously as we know, this causes some problems because of some of the verses doesn't really seem to value humans equally. But nonetheless it is something that can be measured against.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
With what eyes should be look around? The eyes of the ordinary that does not see patterns and reasons? Or the eyes of the wise who see what is going on "behind the veil"?

Reactions: DNB

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The existence of all things and their maintenance in existence, to me that is full evidence of it (presuming the existence of God).
That would indicate that God is omnipotent but how would it indicate that God is good or loving?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
With what eyes should be look around? The eyes of the ordinary that does not see patterns and reasons? Or the eyes of the wise who see what is going on "behind the veil"?
Then we would have to ask who are the wise and why are they wise, and who are the ordinary and why are they ordinary?

Who is there besides God who knows what is going on behind the veil? People believe they know but how is that knowing?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you were taught by a(any) group that dogs are mean, does that mean dogs are mean?
Or does it mean thats just how that group views dogs?
If you were taught by a(any) religion that God is good and loving, does that mean that God is good and loving?
Or does it mean that's just how that religion views God?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Because existence is inherently good and giving good things to another is love. That's how I see it at least.
Thanks for sharing, but I don't see it that way. I see both good and evil, and if God is responsible for the good then God is also responsible for the evil, unless that evil is a deed committed by man. That is only logical.

So why does Isaiah 45:7 state, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” The beginning of an answer is in Biblical Hebrew and the first key to master the Bible language. ... God allows and even inflicts suffering and even unnatural death on certain people.Mar 22, 2020

God Created Evil. NO, He didn't, God Only Creates Good

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Our human taught father with God human life memory loved us all by no condition.

Human love babies natural.

Same with animals.

We knew natural was loving.

It was an unnatural cause that allowed non loving choices.

The story loss of ground water mass by machine science the cause.

Natural ground owns fresh water and a huge mass sea water. How is a ground water science thesis correct?

Science proven wrong as science applied natural water cooling. The sea owned the highest water mass not fresh water.

Obvious when you infer a constant machine science reaction by one of inferences not constant....

Gas for instance.
Hot in atmosphere.
Cold in atmosphere.
ground God state....
Water fresh.
Water salted.