• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Gematria Legit?

religionabc

Gematria Brief Intro:

In its simplest form, gematria involves assigning a numerical value to each English letter. The numerical values are assigned based on the order of the letters in the English alphabet. For example, the letter A has a value of 1, the letter B has a value of 2, and so on (different cipher used will have different set of values assigned to the letters).

Gematria can be used in a variety of ways. It can be used to find hidden meanings in the Bible, For example, the name 'Jesus' has a numerical value of 444, which is the same numerical value of the word 'Messiah.' This suggests that Jesus is connected to Messiah , In general, any words or phrases sharing the same numerical value are considered potentially connected and containing hidden meaning.

You can read more about it here : Gematria Wikipedia | Gematria History And Its Present Usage

Interesting Results Produced By Gematria:

Example 1: Entering the phrases "Thriller Album," "Grammy Award," "Chimpanzee Bubbles," and "Painkiller" into a Gematria Decoder reveals that they are all connected with "Michael Jackson."

micheal-jackson-gematria-result.png

Example 2: In the 2024 Taiwan presidential election, there were three candidates: Lai Ching-te, Hou Yu-ih, and Ko Wen-je. Entering their names into the Gematria Decoder revealed that only Lai Ching-te has a connection with the word "President," and indeed, Lai Ching-te emerged as the winner and became the President of Taiwan.

taiwan-election-gematria-result.png

Are these results purely coincidental, or is there something spiritual or magical about gematria?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Welcome to RF

I don't think any holy books, clairvoyants or secret code writers were involved in the creation of the English alphabet so I'm guessing it's coincidence.

Last edited: