• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is eating the same meal every day unhealthy?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Come to Australia. We make jokes about ourselves due to the amount of people who eat avocado for breakfast.

1) Just scoop out some and have it with your sausage/bacon and eggs. Use it to reduce the amount of meat. (so...like...1 sausage and some avocado instead of multiple sausages. Just google smashed avo, or something. (I've included an example here)

2) Use it as a butter replacement on sandwiches or toast. Not uncommon here for people to have avocado and vegemite on toast for breakfast, but I'm assuming you're not up for that...lol
I want to give vegemite a try...

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I have decided one change I'll for sure make is replacing the 4 sausages with either a side of corn or peas with my eggs. That will be a little more produce and less processed/fat.

I will not add any more tuna to my diet.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm pretty uncreative with making food, and also lazy when it comes to making food so I like very simple meals. Not to mention, I don't really know what I want to eat ever (does anybody?)

So lately I've been eating 3 eggs and 4 sausages with a full glass of milk almost every morning for breakfast Monday-Thursday. Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays I'll either skip breakfast, have a quick protein bar, or some baby carrots.

Every day of the week my main meal of the day has been oven roasted chicken, spinach, chopped onion, cheese, black olives, bacon bits, and ranch mixed together. It's just the easiest meal to make for me, and making it once will give me three decent sized meals, one every day for three days.

Friday-Sunday I have tuna sandwiches, though I awas thinking about starting doing tuna sandwiches daily too. But I worry that might be too much iron?

I eat one banana a day, and one protein bar a day, every day.

Occasionally I'll snack on mixed nuts or yogurt.

My water drinking is good.

So... just curious for any nutritionists if this is healthy enough? Am I missing essential nutrients or vitamins?

Less sausage and more veggies.

Less tuma and more veggies.

Basically more veggies.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Yes. I'm terribly curious...
Apparently it's similar to Marmite. We have a saying about things being Marmite - meaning you either love it or hate it.

IMG_7561.jpeg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes. I'm terribly curious...

I've never had it but I've had marmite which is kind of similar (made with yeast). Personally i loath it but many people like it, i guess it's about 50/50.

There used to be a tv ad "marmite, you either love it or hate it.

I understand vegemite is even more... (no words to finish)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The image I posted above is from their current online site. I once had a tour of the Bass brewery and saw barrels of spent yeast that they would then sell to the Marmite company.
Similar thing here. Carlton & United Brewery (makers of Fosters, amongst other beer) provided spent brewers yeast for Vegemite production. At one stage they tried increasing the price (it had been sold as basically a waste product) and Vegemite was made without it. But people didn't like the change, and the brewery ended up with spent yeast waste and no way of getting rid of it efficiently, so...they re-established their relationship.

Marmite is like Vegemites more polite cousin.