• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Christianity the easiest religion?

lukethethird

unknown member
I believe atheists believe there is no God. That is a religious belief. However I do not believe atheists practice godlessness as a religion but simply live their lives according to their own inclinations.
What makes me an atheist, not believing in Vishnu? Does not believing in Vishnu make me a bad person? What about Zeus, am I a bad person for not believing in Zeus, or am I a bad person for not believing in YOUR god, the one you assign great powers to?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Only some atheists believe there is no God (which is a positive statement, not a negative one). This subset of atheists do indeed have to submit evidence for their claim.

But a lot of atheists do not have that belief. They simply lack a belief in God. Do you see the difference? This subset of atheists have no obligation to prove anything.

"Negative atheism, also called weak atheism and soft atheism, is any type of atheism where a person does not believe in the existence of any deities but does not necessarily explicitly assert that there are none. Positive atheism, also called strong atheism and hard atheism, is the form of atheism that additionally asserts that no deities exist.[1][2][3] Sometimes positive atheism goes by the term gnostic atheism to contrast with agnostic atheism, which is more correlated with weak atheism, and to stand opposite Gnostic theism on simple charts mapping different belief systems."
But then the soft atheism appears to be more like agnosticism.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What makes me an atheist, not believing in Vishnu? Does not believing in Vishnu make me a bad person? What about Zeus, am I a bad person for not believing in Zeus, or am I a bad person for not believing in YOUR god, the one you assign great powers to?
I believe you ae bad because sometime among your many incarnations you believed the lies of the devil.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
But then the soft atheism appears to be more like agnosticism.
Well yes. To the best of my understanding, you can have agnostic atheism, and you can have agnostic theism. There are also people who just don't care who are also soft atheists.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Eddi

"Christianity is easier to follow than Islam or Judaism"

To what extent is this true?
I mean the Jews have over 600 commandments and the Moslems have to ritually pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan
There are also no dietary rules and no need for men to be circumcised
I am not asking if it is easy:
I am asking if it is the easiest religion to follow, out of those with whom it is usually lumped together with
  • paarsurrey wrote #7

But was (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah ever a " Christian" and or he could ever be as such, one gets to know, please? Right?
Wasn't Yeshua an Israelite and was sent to the Israelites as a Messiah, it transpires, please? Right?
"Christianity" was invented by the Hellenist Paul via a fake vision that blinded Paul, one understands, isn't it a disrespect to Yeshua, therefore, to say that Yeshua was a " Christian" meaning a follower of the Hellenist-Paul, reason says, please?
Same way it would be futile for one to become a "Paulian-Christian", one imagines, even if it is the easiest, please, right?

Originally a Christian meant a disciple of Jesus. Obviously Jesus is not his own disciple. :)

....The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26

And in Biblical point of view Christians are actually Jews:

If therefore the uncircumcised keep the ordinances of the law, won’t his uncircumcision be accounted as circumcision? Won’t the uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfills the law, judge you, who with the letter and circumcision are a transgressor of the law? For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Romans 2:26-29

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them, and became partaker with them of the root and of the richness of the olive tree; don’t boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.” True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Don’t be conceited, but fear; for if God didn’t spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.
Romans 11:17-21

Obeying God is not heavy if person loves God.

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. His commandments are not grievous.
1 John 5:3
" Christian meant a disciple of Jesus "

And the source of one's argument of the above, please?
Must be certainly incorrect, as reasons doesn't support it , please, right?

"Christ, Christian, Jesus" are not words of Aramaic, so one's argument is flawed, Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah spoke Aramaic, please. Right?

1213 Well-Known Member said:

...The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
paarsurrey says: #148

One's source does not confirm that it is from Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah.
Right?

Regards

One's source does not confirm that it is from Jesus/Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah.
Right?
It is what the Bible tells. If you don't believe it, the you don't. For me it is enough, if everyone knows what is said in the Bible.

And in addition to that, I think it would be good to know also this:

Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in Him, If you continue in My Word, you are truly My disciples. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Joh. 8:31-32

I recommend everyone to be a disciple of Jesus, rather than someone else's disciple.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Eddi

I mean the Jews have over 600 commandments and the Moslems have to ritually pray five times a day and fast during Ramadan
I am asking if it is the easiest religion to follow, out of those with whom it is usually lumped together with
  • paarsurrey wrote #7

But was (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah ever a " Christian" and or he could ever be as such, one gets to know, please? Right?
Wasn't Yeshua an Israelite and was sent to the Israelites as a Messiah, it transpires, please? Right?
"Christianity" was invented by the Hellenist Paul via a fake vision that blinded Paul, one understands, isn't it a disrespect to Yeshua, therefore, to say that Yeshua was a " Christian" meaning a follower of the Hellenist-Paul, reason says, please?
Same way it would be futile for one to become a "Paulian-Christian", one imagines, even if it is the easiest, please, right?

"Christ, Christian, Jesus" are not words of Aramaic, so one's argument is flawed, Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah spoke Aramaic, please. Right?

Right?

Regards
I believe I answered this question before: In the sense of believing He is the Messiah, then He is a Christian. In the sense of following Jesus, He has no problem because He is Jesus. In the sense of Having Himself as Lord and Savior, I believe He could do that. In the sense of having the Paraclete, there is no need because He is the Spirit in the Paraclete.

I believe that is false. I believe Paul wrote by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I believe there is no futility since Paul espoused what Jesus said.

I believe you are wrong. All scripture is inspired by God and Jesus is God in the flesh.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Eddi

• paarsurrey wrote #7

Right?

Regards
I believe this is a smoke screen. Jesus is the person who brought Christianity into being.
I believe Jesus was born to a Jewish woman and brought first the gospel to the Jews and did say He is the Messiah. If by transpires one means ongoing then that is true to the end.
I believe that is false. It is totally lacking in evidence.
I believe again that is false.

I believe if that would mean following Paul rather than Jesus, you would be correct but I believe them to be in harmony and what Paul adds is by the Holy Spirit.
I believe that is correct but not because of your reasons.
I believe that is not true. Originally it meant one who believes Jesus is the Messiah.
I have seen you say this often but I believe it does not matter in most cases. I believe Jesus does not put a name to it. It wasn't even Christians in Antioch calling them Christian,; it was the other people of Antioch. Christians called themselves Followers of the Way.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

I'd be interested to hear from people who are knowledgeable about religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism - do you think Christianity is easier than those religions?
Hell no. Catholicism is almost impossible to follow without running afoul of some doctrine. Breathing might as well be a sin!

Ebionite

Eddi

• paarsurrey wrote #7

Right?

Regards

Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one];
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Matthew 13:36-43

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one];
The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Matthew 13:36-43

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
paarsurrey said:
Regards

"Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
He answered and said unto them "

It is a third person narration, narrated by some anonymous person, right?

Regards
I believe I have no clue what you are talking about. Are you trying to claim the words of Jesus are from a third person narrative. If you are then you have no evidence to support that view.