• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Certain forms of Self-Indulgence against the Way of Ma'at?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I'm not allowed to bring this up in other threads, because they're DIR threads, but I'll bring it up here. Enchanted you especially know what I'm talking about. Setians, Thelemics, and other LHP religions use the gods of Kemet in their theology, and also claim that our gods are all about self-indulgence and the LHP way. Do you think that's really so? Couldn't some forms of indulgence violate the precepts of Ma'at?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Well each view the Gods and Goddesses in different ways. Personally, I hold a deep level of worship that many cannot understand. I could never take a LHP stance in relation to a Deity. I think it is insulting to a Deity to not worship Them, but I do not know everything. I could be wrong.

Rainbow Mage

Well the precepts say not to do certain things such as steal from orphans, steal from spiritual leaders, kill, commit adultery, etc., but the LHP religions all say do as you will, live to please yourself.

Rainbow Mage

Right Enchanted One. The Wiccan Rede isn't against the way of Ma'at, but the LHP religions all say do as you will. Satanism says do as you will and don't care who you hurt. I'd agree the Wiccan Rede is probably exactly what the ancient Egyptians used to live by. You can indulge yourself without harming others. We call it ka-feeding in KO.