• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Anselm's ontological argument actually an argument against monotheism?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Isn't God reproducing himself by the birthing of Christians?
I'd be inclined to say "no", myself, but just for curiosity's sake: are you trying to say that Christians are gods?

Also, are you trying to say that God becomes more perfect with the birth of each Christian? If so, then this implies that God was less than perfect in the past (and is less than perfect now, unless he's done "birthing Christians").

Danmac

I'd be inclined to say "no", myself, but just for curiosity's sake: are you trying to say that Christians are gods?

Also, are you trying to say that God becomes more perfect with the birth of each Christian? If so, then this implies that God was less than perfect in the past (and is less than perfect now, unless he's done "birthing Christians").

I believe God takes up residence in every believer. That is what is meant by "born of the spitrit". I also believe the bible teaches that every believer is required to mature the Spirit to full maturity. I think some do, but most don't. I believe we are containers if you will that house the Spirit of God. It is to the degree that we mature the Spirit that we will be rewarded in eternity. I don't think anyone will reach Christ like perfection, so we cannot attain his equal, but I do believe god gives us the opportunity to strive for the mark, and get as close as we can.

Philippians 3: 12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.