• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irritating Pearls

Spiderman

Veteran Member
A pearl is formed through an irritant In the clam or oyster. It keeps moving the irritant around until it becomes a smooth pearl.

Perhaps that irritant, annoyance, and suffering in your life is to produce that pearl of great price.

In the gospel, the pearl of great price, is compared to the kingdom of God, something a person sells everything they have to obtain.

Wisdom is also described as a pearl (and a female.)

With a clam, suffering produces the Pearl in it's heart. Perhaps suffering in your life is what is producing pearls in your heart that you most treasure?

Jesus was a member of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire treasured pearls above almost everything else.

Maybe the fruit of your suffering is producing what you want to treasure the most?

Any thoughts?
download (7).jpg

Aldrnari

People may value those pearls, but as for the oysters themselves, I'm not so sure they get the best end of that deal. ;)

Pain is truly a valuable teacher, but constant suffering often times has more negative effects than positive results, imo.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Pearls without oysters, great. In terms of reality what do them pearls get you?

They should produce the peaceable fruits of righteousness.

And if you are in the right, then that should be rewarding.

And if God is great, God will make a way in the desert. Where there seems to be no way.

I'll have to practice that!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Proverbs 4
6Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;

love her, and she will watch over you.

7The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom.

Though it cost all you have,get understanding.

8Cherish her, and she will exalt you;

embrace her, and she will honor you.

9She will give you a garland to grace your head

and present you with a glorious crown.”

Grandliseur

Proverbs refers to wisdom as female
Enlighten me.

What I am asking is this a question of gender of nouns, or is this really giving this wisdom a female gender? Why? Because, this refers to our Lord Christ. :) (Actually, I am not opposed to the concept.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Enlighten me.

What I am asking is this a question of gender of nouns, or is this really giving this wisdom a female gender? Why? Because, this refers to our Lord Christ. :) (Actually, I am not opposed to the concept.)
Did you read post 7?

Yes I believe wisdom has breasts and a vagina :p

Grandliseur

Proverbs 4
6Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;

love her, and she will watch over you.

7The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom.

Though it cost all you have,get understanding.

8Cherish her, and she will exalt you;

embrace her, and she will honor you.

9She will give you a garland to grace your head

and present you with a glorious crown.”
Did you know that in e.g. French and other languages, nouns have gender. Thus in French a table is female, a book is male (obvious right) In this, we might then refer to a table as 'she' in some phrases. This is what I was wondering we were dealing with. But, of course, I could just google Hebrew grammar and see if they have this also.

However, the teaching that all things were created through our pre-human Lord also shows him in this feminine mother role.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Did you know that in e.g. French and other languages, nouns have gender. Thus in French a table is female, a book is male (obvious right) In this, we might then refer to a table as 'she' in some phrases. This is what I was wondering we were dealing with. But, of course, I could just google Hebrew grammar and see if they have this also.

However, the teaching that all things were created through our pre-human Lord also shows him in this feminine mother role.
Yes, God is a mother as well... that is good to ponder