• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Irony: Why do people believe in God? Evolution!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Murf661 said:
I myself am a firm beliver in the Man created god, Not the other way round view. I believe that God is there to help man to feel safe, secure, and loved, the bible is just a giant contradiction. Many parts of it just contradict one an other.

It may also be that I enjoy science and don't believe in Jiggery-Pokery and Majic mumbo-jumbo...I mean feading the 5,000 with bread and fish...C'mon As if that's ever going to happen..

Im sorry but evolution is how we cam to being, not by being created by god...We were single celled orgaisms once, Not adam and eve.
Whilst I am a firm believer that God created man (in a roundabout way, through evolutionary processes); the Bible merely mimics the rest of life - to every action there is an oppsite one. If there is good, there will also be bad.

I enjoy Science too (although I am not an intellectual); while in Africa, I saw Majic mumbo-jumbo work.

yogi108

michel said:
I can see that, from the atheist perspective that is totally feasible, if not virtually 'obvious'. The trouble is there is a God; but, hey , if you prefer the Godless version, who am I to tell you any different ? - I certainly have no way of proving it to you.........;)
Hi, why do you say there is no way to prove, what do you mean by this.

Fatmop

I myself am a firm beliver in the Man created god, Not the other way round view. I believe that God is there to help man to feel safe, secure, and loved, the bible is just a giant contradiction. Many parts of it just contradict one an other.

It may also be that I enjoy science and don't believe in Jiggery-Pokery and Majic mumbo-jumbo...I mean feading the 5,000 with bread and fish...C'mon As if that's ever going to happen..

Im sorry but evolution is how we cam to being, not by being created by god...We were single celled orgaisms once, Not adam and eve.
There's really not a lot of actual substance to this post. It's a series of opinion statements - with nothing to back them up. It's easy to get engaged in shouting matches with that style of argument, but you'll never get anywhere.