• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Iowa Caucus, Live Updates

Draka

Wonder Woman
Ted Trump? :p
Yes, it was called for Cruz a while ago actually.

On the Dem side the difference between the two has been wavering for the past couple hours by less than one percent. Clinton maintains a lead of anywhere from .2% to .9% throughout the night. As of now they have the same amount of delegates. Tonight isn't a victory for either really, it is a tie.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Actually its a really big win for Sanders given the media has already declared Trump and Clinton the winners. I guess the media lost this one, here's to more big media losses in the future!!

Laika

Premium Member
I like Ike...

I think you forgot the VP.... lurking at the bottom of the ticket.

tumblr_lkc2ss9wkB1qbw5qlo1_500.png

:eek:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Actually its a really big win for Sanders given the media has already declared Trump and Clinton the winners. I guess the media lost this one, here's to more big media losses in the future!!
I never saw it called for Clinton actually. She never did lose the lead all night though. The spread of the lead wavered throughout the night, but she never lost it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And it was a serious loss for Trump.
I will sleep a little better tonight;)
Tom
Ya, but he ain't done yet. He should do well in NH and in the following Southern primaries.

But I think Rubio is now the one to watch because he's one the Republican establishment and right-wing media can rally around. However, I expect both Cruz and Trump to really go after him because of that.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I never saw it called for Clinton actually. She never did lose the lead all night though. The spread of the lead wavered throughout the night, but she never lost it.

The BBC reported yesteday night that the Sanders camp had been told 90 precincts results were "missing" because no representatives of the Iowa Democratic Party bothered to show up for the caucuses, and that the results wouldn't be known till sometime today, not last night. Now conveniently, this headline news on the BBC never made it into the USA news feeds, the results were certified with or without??? the missing precincts, and 6 caucus votes were decided by coin tosses, of which Hillary won all 6 coin tosses, that's I believe a 1 in 64 chance of that happening randomly. If the coin tosses were 50/50, Hillary would now be looking at defeat, hard to be proud of cheating at coin tossing.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Iowa is not the flavor of the month for America.

So I am a Trump supporter, but let me address the Bernie supporters. As for the Rep primary in Iowa, Trump did not "lose" he came so close within just under 3 points and there was a lot of Nixonian dirty tricks by the Cruz campaign including intimidating mailers to the elderly suggesting they are breaking the law if they don't caucus and Ben Carson is on T.V. right now exposing how the Cruz campaign used dirty tricks in the heat of the caucus to say "Carson dropped out of the race, move your chair to Cruz", the first example may even be later found illegal and the later example of Cruz's Nixonian tactics is going to come back to haunt and you watch. Doesn't matter if Carson didn't have a chance, Cruz used dirty tricks to get that 3% out of Carson, also we saw Rubio rise up. Iowa has a lot of extreme evangelicalism out of the mainstream and Cruz has literally a religious cult behind him - which literally believes Jesus is directly intervening in the election for the "anointed Cruz" (as an anointed King, his father is involved in such cultism) and thus some of his comments. They literally think this VERY ELECTION CYCLE is a holy moment on some stage of the "end times" andthat Jesus is running the election this time, honestly Cruz will NOT get the nomination and Iowa doesn't mean "what it means" at all, you need to wait until N.H. as the next state. Trump did well in my opinion as was really an underdog in this bizarre Iowa state where we had lunatics such as Glen Beck running around, and Cruz supporters telling the cultists "Version (something) from the Bible refers to "Trump" viz trumpet and the "abyss" - this is really looney stuff and in fact if you listened to Cruz at the "victory statement" in Iowa he made reference to this nutty trumpet/abyss stuff but of course did not say the word "Trump" but he was talking directly to this religious cult and referencing this nutty idea regarding that verse. He will not have such extremists in any numbers in New Hampshire.

Back to Bernie. I noted the dirty tricks of the Cruz campaign. I can assure you that the Hillary campaign is also involved in dirty tricks. But like Trump, Bernie can in a very strong "second". You Bernie supporters better be aware, that the Clinton machine and their benefactors are going to use very, very dirty methods. Including cheating. You actually had a great victory in Iowa, which like I say is not part of the mainstream of America. By N.H. I think you could have a victory in hand, but watch out for the dirty tricks.

Draka

Wonder Woman
The BBC reported yesteday night that the Sanders camp had been told 90 precincts results were "missing" because no representatives of the Iowa Democratic Party bothered to show up for the caucuses, and that the results wouldn't be known till sometime today, not last night. Now conveniently, this headline news on the BBC never made it into the USA news feeds, the results were certified with or without??? the missing precincts, and 6 caucus votes were decided by coin tosses, of which Hillary won all 6 coin tosses, that's I believe a 1 in 64 chance of that happening randomly. If the coin tosses were 50/50, Hillary would now be looking at defeat, hard to be proud of cheating at coin tossing.
How the hell do you cheat at a coin toss? And you know full well that had any of those coin tosses gone to Sanders there would be no complaining at all. In fact, if he had won most or all of them then we wouldn't have heard crap about them. In fact, there were reports of Sanders supporters so excited to have tied they were happy with the idea of a coin toss and taking the district until they lost. Oh, it was fine as long as they had the chance too, but when they lost, boo frickin hoo. It's not fair! Waaa.

The media that mattered didn't call the Democratic caucus results until this morning. Not our fault the BBC screwed up now is it? If they screwed the pooch on that then who's to say any of their info on the night was right?

Shoot, Sanders supporters as a whole just tend to be going one of two ways. Gloating that they came so close, or whining about coin tosses they just as well could have won. I, for one, am actually kind of glad that Clinton maintained a lead, no matter how small, because were Sanders to have won, by any amount, there would be no peace. As is, the majority of Sanders supporters I have had to deal with have been so damn sanctimonious that it was beyond annoying. I'm not a Dem, but with the constant harassment I was getting from the Sanders campaign and supporters I nearly considered registering Dem just to caucus for Clinton out of pure spite. I like living in Iowa actually, I really do, but when it comes to presidential elections, when it comes to the caucus, it is exhausting to be here. Mail boxes stuffed full of political crap (only from Sanders this time and every stinking day!), daily phone calls, people knocking on your door wanting to talk about Sanders (about as annoying as JWs, so damn preachy with their good word), and of course, local people having "enthusiastic" conversations everywhere, including FB, completely in your face about it. And if you're not a Sanders supporter? You get hounded even more. You MUST listen to what he has to say! You HAVE to pay attention to him! It verges on street corner preachers. I'm SO glad it's over now here.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Oh, and the street corner preacher reference wasn't far off. While driving around doing some errands yesterday afternoon there were actually people on corners at intersections holding Bernie signs and signs saying to go to the caucus and they were dancing and yelling and pointing at people while we drove by. Seriously...nuts.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Breaking news, the coin toss is thrown out, contest now undeclared winner and must use actual counts.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Breaking news, the coin toss is thrown out, contest now undeclared winner and must use actual counts.
Clinton still won. By a very small amount, but she did. It is really pretty much a tie. Difference of .2% and 1 delegate.