• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Io Saturnalia

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Today is the first day of the week long celebration of Saturnalia. It's the festival our children have chosen to adopt so our mid winter shindig begins today with presents and hearty food.

No matter what mid winter fete you choose to hold may I wish you all seasons greetings.

Vee

Premium Member
Today is the first day of the week long celebration of Saturnalia. It's the festival our children have chosen to adopt so our mid winter shindig begins today with presents and hearty food.

No matter what mid winter fete you choose to hold may I wish you all seasons greetings.

There is always food involved :) - That's one thing I'll not complain about.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

Sounds awesome

Wish it was winter here in Oz though lol
The heat has been quite bad lately
But anyway seasons greetings!!!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sounds awesome

Cheers.

And the cold has been quite bad here lately, it won't get over 0c all day. I envy your heat... ;-)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

What kind of food? Anything that's specifically a holiday or seasonal tradition?

ChristineM

Premium Member
What kind of food? Anything that's specifically a holiday or seasonal tradition?

I try to make it as roman as possible but it's not always possible, try buying 2 dozen thrushes or dormice from your local shop ;-)

I've made for tonight a pork casserole with root vegetables, lentils and nuts. Followed by a cheese and honey souffle.

All pretty normal stuff but using pork instead of beef, the additional of nuts that i wouldn't usually put in a casserole. And honey with cheese, i wouldn't do

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Sounds awesome

Lucky you. It's the coldest summer I remember here. Struggling to get over 20c most days and down to about 12 at night. We've only had 2 or 3 days that made it to 30.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Lucky you. It's the coldest summer I remember here. Struggling to get over 20c most days and down to about 12 at night. We've only had 2 or 3 days that made it to 30.
Can I have some?
Lol I’ll give you some summer!!

ChristineM

Premium Member
Today is the final day of Saturnalia.

Once again our youngest has won the king/queen for the day competition.
She is a very hard taskmistress but luckily she is out playing with friends in the graveyard on this wonderfully mild winters day.

So mommy dear can have a break so one last time...

Io Saturnalia.