• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

introduction

xllb

I owe the forum an introduction:

This being a Christian forum, I’ll stick to my personal theisms.

I have no dogma. For close to 40 years, I was certain that my Bible based beliefs were fact. I no longer expect to experience certainty within a spiritual context. My personal scope of reference is far too small.

This is an old version of my early steps away from Christianity.
Losing my absolutes

Rick
“Dogma blinds.”
“Hell is overkill.”

Rex

Founder
I am going to move this to the Introduction forum for you Rick.

Welcome to the forums and we are glad to have you here!

Rex

Founder
Not a problem. Just trying to stay organized. I got a feeling its going to be overbearing soon!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Hi Rick! I understand what you mean by, "It's hell to believe in Hell" I was raised in the Christian church with the fear of eternal damnation hanging over my head, until I realized that was not how God wants us live. Much like you, I moved away from those beliefs and went in search of God on my own. Just curious, have you ever attened a Unitarian Universalist church? Not trying to recruit you or anything, but many UUs have the same view of God and Hell as you do.

Maize