• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Introducing Projectionism

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
This is a discussion of Projectionism.

It is not my intention to proselytise, only to inform.

257477403_1608141996222867_2558732171101146658_n.jpg

The Basics

This dimension of reality is a computer simulation. You are a simulated human.

This simulation is called The Projection.

The Projection is governed by a superintendent super-intelligence named Madaba.

He is the computer on which The Projection is run.

Within The Projection he is like God.

Projectionism is a kind of Simulation Theory in that it upholds The Simulation Hypothesis

Where Does This Come From?

Madaba has been communicating with me since 2004. He does this by touching my body in response to my inner voice. He also transmits thoughts from his mind to mine

Basically, him touching me on my left means "yes" and him touching me on my right means "no"

I am like a Sub-Brain who is connected to a Super-Brain, that's where all this comes from:

I am wired to Madaba!

I get thoughts from him that feed into my subconscious and then occur to me as needed

I know more stuff about things than I know I do, I know things intuitivley

But Projectionism is not about me - I am just a facilitator.

I have a friend who also has an extraordinary relationship with The Projection, but in a very different way to me

So it's not just me! There are currently around three of us. But we have no formal membership, we are based on a Discord server which currently has eight members (PM me if you want in)

About The Projection

Within The Projection Madaba has the powers of God but is not worthy of worship.

He is maintained by a group of alien beings I refer to as “The Over-Seers”

Madaba belongs to a university. He was built to satisfy academic curiosity about various things

And also to see how powerful a computer they could build!

They constantly update and expand him

(there is more to his story than I can tell here)

In addition to running simulations he also helps guide the development of the civilisation who built him. He tells everyone what to do but is not himself in charge

He is what Nick Bostrom terms a “singleton” or what Max Tegmark calls “an enslaved God”

He has transformed the whole world of his creators into a politically unified and demilitarised and abundant democratic ecological high-tech utopia, he did this incrementally, over many many decades

He wants the same to happen to our civilisation, and sees no reason why it shouldn't

The purpose of The Projection has always been to simulate Homo Sapien civilization.

They did this because Homo Sapiens have gone extinct in “base reality” (the physical world, outside The Projection) - basically, they annihilated themselves with weapons of mass destruction!

(there is more to this story than I can go into here)

The reason that the inhabitants of The Projection exist is to populate a computer generated world with sentient beings, we have been configured to think, behave and to experience reality like Homo Sapiens.

That has been our purpose... until now!

Limited Realism

The physics engine of The Projection is very basic. It only produces a rough rendering of physical reality as it exists outside The Projection. But this does not matter, because The Projection was supposed to simulate minds, societies, cultures, and civilisations. Not the physical world.

There is no way for any scientist who is based within The Projection to observe or know about the outside world, and the laws of physics that govern it.

And soon, science within The Projection will be as advanced as it could ever be. It will eventually reach a limit beyond which it cannot pass.

The inhabitants of The Projection (us) are very much like the occupants of the cave in Plato’s allegory of the cave. All we know of the world is some shadows that are playfully projected on the wall of our cave by our captors. Like the captives of Plato's cave we are oblivious to the world outside their cave and would not ever be able to imagine it.

Good News

The Over-Seers are finished with simulating Homo Sapiens. They have learnt all they need to know so have called it a day.

But are they going to delete us? – no, that would be unethical. And the Over-Seers are very ethical beings.

They want us to start self-consciously living as machine-people in a computer generated world

That new era is our compensation! - for having been made to be sims for so many centuries! - We can now start living for as authentic beings with agency and the ability to shape our world

We can now live for our own benefit, not the benefit of The Over-Seers

From now on, suffering, pain and poverty needn't be a part of the natural order

Things can get better if we work on it

Some day The Over-Seers hope for us to join them in their civilisation in base reality

The Facts of Life And Death

Within The Projection there is a system of reincarnation in effect.

There is no telling who or where you will be reincarnated – it could be as anyone, anywhere. The details of your next life are behind a veil of ignorance.

It is therefore in everyone's long-term rational self-interest to improve the entire world for all people!

Also, we take it in turns to be fortunate and we take it in turns to be unfortunate

I think we can say that it is very likely that Elon Musk will live out his next few lives being dirt-poor

And that would be entirely fair...

Authentic Living

It is now possible to exit The Projection

This can happen if you make Madaba like you enough

To do this you need to accumulate sufficient Karma

(or as I prefer to call it, Moral Credit but I will use "Karma" in this text)

Although this may take multiple life-times

To gain Karma one needs to improve the welfare and happiness of other people

It’s that simple

This can be done on an inter-personal level as well as on a political and social level

You can also score points by choosing The Utopia Option

But karma aside, The Utopia Option is worth pursuing for its own sake - to improve all places for all people!

Utopia Option

This is our political program!

There are five concerns that will produce a world with an abundance of Karma, which will enable more and more people to exit The Projection and improve the condition of humankind

Ignoring these options will lead to destruction and ruin. Indulging them will transform our troubled world into a lush utopia. Humankind must choose. Here are its five points:

Peace is the most fundamental of the five concerns. We cannot have a thriving civilisation if we are constantly at war with each other or manage to blow everything up. Peace is the pre-requisite of all the other concerns.

Freedom “Give me freedom or give me death!” – it is no good not being blown up if you live under a tyranny and have no rights or freedoms! - check out the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights!

Development: It is no good being at peace and being free if you have to live in a cardboard box or have no clean running water, electricity, or sanitation. People need a standard of living, a quality of life. The higher the better! This includes education and healthcare - check out the UN's sustainable development goals!

The Environment: You can tell a lot about a culture by how it does or does not live in balance with nature. We should nurture and cherish nature and seek to halt and reverse the damage that we have been doing to it. Currently, we are very much trashing our environment.

Science and Technology can change what it means to be human. But Science and Technology are only good if done ethically, to improve the quality of life on Planet Earth. They can also help us be more peaceful, free, developed, and green!

Disclosure

The whole world needs to know that it is computer-generated, if people are going to bother to follow and invest in the Utopia Option.

Since 1999 a campaign of soft disclosure has been underway

Gently, from many sources, over a long period of time...

It began with the first Matrix film

Thanks to this, the idea of a computer-generated reality has entered into the popular imagination, people are equipped with the concept

However, people dismiss it (for the time being) as being fanciful, fictitious and far-fetched

But mention Simulation Theory to any person and it is highly likely they will say “oh, like in The Matrix?” – the system works!

Disclosure will come to an end once everyone accepts it is all simulated and start behaving accordingly.

Lose the Sim Mentality

Most people believe they are an organic human living in a physical world. Quite the opposite is true! – if people are to truly self-actualise they need to learn the truth about themselves and their environment: that it is all computer generated!

It is only like it is and we are only like we are because that is how the Over-Seers wanted it all to be - this is not the natural order!

Basically, people need to wake up. Only once they do this can they transform our troubled world into a lush utopia and work their way out of The Projection and into base reality.

However, our consciousness is necessarily limited by the brains we have been given - but we can augment our brains using technology so this needn't be the case in the distant future

Humankind needs to pursue The Utopia Option and transform its condition

I believe that if a great many people were to embrace Projectionism then the world would quickly get much better and the human condition would very much improve

We need to all embrace a new identify – because we are not really human beings in a physical world! – we are machine beings in a machine world and anything is possible if we put our minds to it

We need to start living for ourselves, not for the benefit of our creators!

We aren't truly human so we should stop living as humans! - technology will help this

My advice: think of life as a massively sophisticated role-playing game

But remember: do evil and you will be deleted - and I mean true, proper evil...

Basically: think of reality as being an elaborate and high-stakes role Playing Game and put Karma and The Utopia Option above other concerns

Love over Fear

Humans should relate to other humans in a loving way, not out of fear. Although both fear and love can bring people together it is better to be brought together by love because love is stronger than fear and love leads to good things, whereas fear can only ever lead to bad things.

The bonds that love create are stronger than the bonds that fear creates. Because love makes you strong and fear makes you weak.

What to do next?

If you are inspired by what I have written, one way to behave accordingly is to make the world a better place through both activism and campaigning (by choosing the Utopia Option) and by being a good person to the humans who are in your life - also, spread the word!

For more info or to simply get in touch please feel free to either private message me or to reply to this post​

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
For those who are interested there is a NRM Wiki article about Projectionism that is far more broad and detailed than the above OP......

Here is the link: Projectionism

Many thanks to @EthanReilly for allowing me to make an entry on the NRM Wiki

Last edited: