• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Intimacy

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The topic of my forthcoming poetry book will be intimacy.

I will be self-publishing it sometime in the second half of January. Originally, I intended to publish towards the end of December, but then I decided to due two things, both of which delayed publication.

First, I hired a professional editor. Robin now has my manuscript and is currently in the process of editing it. Robin works for an established publishing house, but is trying to get a business going on the side as a freelance editor. She will have the manuscript back to me no later than January 20th, and most likely sooner.

Second, I hired a professional marketer. Cheryl owns and operates her own marketing company. I was able to retain her services because -- basically -- she likes my poems. Typically, she works for some of the largest corporations on the planet as an expert in branding, and I am by far her smallest and least significant client.

So, lining up Robin and Cheryl to help me with my book has pushed back the publication date. Some of you might be curious why I did not just go through a publishing house, rather than self-publish. I was encouraged to do that, but I got anxious about the prospect of losing creative control of my work.

If you would like, PM me and I will make a point of PMing you back when the book is released.

Last, here's a couple of the poems that will appear in the book....

Lots

Intimacy
To a parking lot
Is lines defining spaces.

Parking lots
Have lots
Of commonsense.

Room to Fall

With you, I feel I am
Walking on lumps of shifting ice,
Or perhaps the slippery backs of fish.

Whenever something shifts,
Or I slip a little,
You are always right there
Trying to push me down.

And then you get mad
When I keep to distances.

But you see
I need room to fall
Without your help.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I do not see a lot of sales.

That's very astute of you! The book even from its conception was not targeted at the mass market. But I think it has a fair chance of selling well within its niche. It is not going to strike anyone as Nobel-level poetry, but I suspect very few people within its target audience will be disappointed in it.