• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview

smilne

Hello,

My name is Sara. I have to interview someone of a different religion for my Ritual and Religion course in college. I have chosen the Temple of Set because I had done some very mild research on their website for another class and I found the religion interesting. So please, if you are interested, if you could answer the questions that I have (below), I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

1. What is your name? (First name is fine.) Where are you from?

2. What religion do you practice and how did you come to practice it?

3. What are the frequency and types of prayer that you engage in?

4. How often do you worship? Why do you worship? What do you perform during your worship services?

5. What do you believe is the best lesson your religion teaches?

6. What do you most disagree with about your religion, if anything?

7. What is one thing about your religion that affects your daily life and family life?

8. Under your religion, what god(s) do you worship?

9. What does your religion teach about ultimate reality?

10. What does your faith teach about the truth of the human person?

11. What does your religion teach about the nature of the world?

12. Do you have a religious/sacred text? If yes, what is it and what does it contain?

13. What is your favorite religious text or passage? What is one story/message from this text that you remember having a strong impact on yourself?

14. Do you try to tell others about your religion? How might someone better understand your faith? In your opinion, what is the most common misconception about their faith?

15. Are there areas where your faith comes into conflict with modern culture?

16. Have you ever questioned your faith?

17. How are you raising you children in this faith, if you have any?

18. What are your beliefs on the afterlife?

19. What symbol from your religion do you most like and what does it mean to you? (Please go into some detail)

20. What does your religion require or encourage regarding service to the community? What do you do? Why is this service work an important expectation in your religion?

21. Do you have any examples of how your religious community benefits from providing service to those in need?

22. What kinds of attitudes, values and behaviors does your religious culture encourage?

23. What are some elements of service that your community might be neglecting?

24. Are there any ways to serve that you would like to explore in the future?

25. Anything else to add?

Again, thank you very much!

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Well, smilne, it looks like no ToS Setians are going to respond to your questions, so I'll try to answer some of them around or shortly after Halloween. When I have some time off the work-a-day world, if it's still useful to your assignment.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

MacKinnon

Sara, I'm skeptical about your claims to have visited the public website for a previous assignment. Spending a reasonable amount of time on the public website would reveal to you quite quickly that the kind of questions you are looking for answers to are better posed to those of the RHP.