• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Interview

jewscout

Religious Zionist
So this Monday i have an interview with Henrico County Public Schools:jiggy:
I am so freakin' happy i could bust!!!! But i gotta keep it on the DL here at work, can't let anyone know what's up. but i am sooooooooooo freaking excited. I really really need this job, not only to get me the hell outta this spot at ECPI but, more importantly, to move near the shul and to do G-d's will.
HaShem You have answered my prayers in the past and have saved me from more personal Mitzreim than i can count. You have answered this prayer, and I beg of You, that it be Your will to guide me in this interview so that i will be able to do Your will and observe Your mitzvot and to finally join the Bnei Yisrael as a ben Avraham Avienu.
Veemru, Amein:162:

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Oh, I hope all goes well for you.

I pray that you can be compatible to your new job in everyway.

I pray God grants you this opportunity under grace and in the perfect way.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Before you go, learn about the job,about them and what they want from you. Go well armed.
I only missed out on one job I went for in my working life.It was a wonderful but more junior job with great prospects. they said I was too experienced. But I did not do my homework on the Job. I learnt from that, that some times it is better not to tell everything you can do but mostly about the things they need you to do.

Good Luck and God Bless

Terry

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Listen to Terry, that is good advice; I wish you the very best, Jewscout, and I hope that you achieve what you want to achieve. Good luck my friend.:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
thanks for the advice Terry. I've been speaking to lots of friends of mine who are teachers and anyone else i can think of so i feel like i'm pretty well armed at this point...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Good luck. A tip I can give, go in with your wits sharpened. I could have had a managment position a video game store, but 3 of the questions asked were really wierd ones I wans't prepaired for, and I didn't get the job.

they said I was too experienced.
How do you get too experienced or overqualified? Personally, I think its a polite way for the manager to say "Well, you can obviously do this job with no problem, but we just don't like you that much, so were going to hire someone else."

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Luke Wolf said:
How do you get too experienced or overqualified? Personally, I think its a polite way for the manager to say "Well, you can obviously do this job with no problem, but we just don't like you that much, so were going to hire someone else."
That was quite a common reason in the 60's and 70's the argument was If you are over qualified you won't stay long, so we don't want you.
In Public service jobs ( and supposed to be in others) that is no longer a valid reason for refusal, and would be grounds for going to an industrial tribunal. ( I became a trained/qualified interviewer in the education sector as a small part of my job)
I know in the USA they are allowed to use different techniques in interviewing than us, But for the interviewee the techniques are much the same.

Terry

Pah

Uber all member
Luke Wolf said:
Good luck. ...
It is more a reluctance to offer what he's worth and the thought that he may readily leave for something better.

I second the good luck!!!!

jewscout

Religious Zionist
UPDATE:
yeah, i'm still waiting for them to decide. I just called the HR Dept. there and they are still review applicants, the position has not been filled.:sarcastic

Psalm 20
For the Leader. A Psalm of David.
HaShem answer thee in the day of trouble; the name of the G-d of Jacob set thee up on high;
Send forth thy help from the sanctuary, and support thee out of Zion;
Receive the memorial of all thy meal-offerings, and accept the fat of thy burnt-sacrifice; Selah
Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.
We will shout for joy in thy victory, and in the name of our G-d we will set up our standards; HaShem fulfil all thy petitions.
Now know I that HaShem saveth His anointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the mighty acts of His saving right hand.
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will make mention of the name of HaShem our G-d.
They are bowed down and fallen; but we are risen, and stand upright.
Save, HaShem; let the King answer us in the day that we call.

Pslam 25
A Psalm of David. Unto Thee, O HaShem, do I lift up my soul.
O my G-d, in Thee have I trusted, let me not be ashamed; let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Yea, none that wait for Thee shall be ashamed; they shall be ashamed that deal treacherously without cause.
Show me Thy ways, O HaShem; teach me Thy paths.
Guide me in Thy truth, and teach me; for Thou art the G-d of my salvation; for Thee do I wait all the day
Remember, O HaShem, Thy compassions and Thy mercies; for they have been from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; according to Thy mercy remember Thou me, for Thy goodness' sake, O HaShem.
Good and upright is HaShem; therefore doth He instruct sinners in the way.
He guideth The humble in justice; and He teacheth the humble His way.
All the paths of HaShem are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.
For Thy name's sake, O HaShem, pardon mine iniquity, for it is great.
What man is he that feareth HaShem? him will He instruct in the way that He should choose.
His soul shall abide in prosperity; and his seed shall inherit the land.
The counsel of HaShem is with them that fear Him; and His covenant, to make them know it
Mine eyes are ever toward HaShem; for He will bring forth my feet out of the net.
Turn Thee unto me, and be gracious unto me; for I am solitary and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged; O bring Thou me out of my distresses.
See mine affliction and my travail; and forgive all my sins.
Consider how many are mine enemies, and the cruel hatred wherewith they hate me.
O keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed, for I have taken refuge in Thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, because I wait for Thee.
Redeem Israel, O G-d, out of all his troubles.

may it be Your will to aid me in my time of need HaShem, my need and desire only to do Your will, study in Your Torah and perform Your mitzvot:162: :shout