• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

interfaith events, inclusion or exclusion.

holly728

By trying to produce an event that truly includes all cultures and religions , do we in fact exclude more then we include?

Three things that make the world go round, love, money and religion...if you think about it nothing would exists without these three things, there would be no wars, no politics, nothing for the mass media to report, all crime can be sourced back to one of the above. My research is to determine whether hosting interfaith events has a positive or negative effect on people’s perceptions and whether by trying to produce an event that truly includes all cultures and religion, do we in fact excluded more then we include.

Why we feel the need to make everyone feel so at home in Britain at risk to our own traditions?

As an event manager is it possible not to offend somebody whilst trying to host an interfaith event?

What about Pagan and Atheists involvement in the interfaith movement?

Why is it important for an events manager to reflect on definitions of ‘interfaith’?”

Ardeaa

I don't know about any interfaith "movement," but my husband has been part of a local Interfaith Hunger Initiative here for the last three years. He is one of the few people in this small city who are openly Pagan, and he joined this group openly as a Pagan. He was welcomed by all the faiths and made a good friend who is pastor of an activist Christian church. For the last three years we have helped his church group serve a Thanksgiving meal to the needy, and no one shuns us because we are Pagan. Many Pagans have an antipathy toward Christianity and do not want to be involved with their charitable activities, but we believe if the goal is to help people, who cares what religion anyone is? Unfortunately, most Pagans fear outing in the community and will not reveal themselves to a group like this, just in case it gets back to their families or employers. I hope that will change someday soon.

BruceDLimber

Greetings! :)

I'm Baha'i, and while we're a member of the Interfaith Council here in Rockville, MD, I know of a number of communities where Baha'is endeavored to join their local Interfaith Council only to be told, "Sorry, this is for Christians only!"

So much for "interfaith!."

(Speaking of "Unclear on the concept," . . .)

Bruce