• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

inheritance of women in Bible and Quran

Ali Ansari said:

I thought you will bring some Quranic verses to prove your point.
but what you brought a piece dirt which I already read from the website whose sole purpose is to spread hatred against Islam & malign Islam.
brother you make me said with this.
this dose not mean that I can not answer what is written in it. but I don't have to because every one who knows little about Islam after reading this he will say this is not the truth, even you put your hand on your heart and give me the answer, is it the truth?

ok....so i'm not a muslim, however i do not say that what they say is not true. it could be ture, but not a solely truth.
why can't we look at all possibilities, if you don't go further from that which you believe, you will never attain wisdom.
you have to trust the believers and the disbeliever, you have to learn from them all, from a point of view where you will not defend neither one, you can only do this when you separate from all groups of beliefs.
why don't you question God, why don't you question "Muhammad", or Jesus, or buddha, it doesn't matter, why are you affraid of questioning them?
Question, inquire, search for truth and do not dissmiss any belief. have an open mind, a mind alert to all that is going on. do not lock yourself into your sistem of beliefs. contemplate all chances and do not hate the ones who contradict you, because is from them who you will learn the most.

kai

ragamuffin
whenever a muslim is questioned about the killingsof innocents the stonings etc etc etc we get the same stock answer its nothing to do with islam, so in effect :
all the atrocities we witness on a daily basis now in the name of allah is nothing to do with islam
women are blissfully happy in islam if not
it is nothing to do with islam
the genocide of africans in Darfur has nothing to do with islam
the preachers of hate in my country and elsewhere call for death to christians and jews is nothing to do with islam
islam must be the most misunderstood religion on earth, if this is true dont you think its about time Islam cleaned up its own house,because sooner or later the truth will dawn on the rest of the world

Carlos Andres Restrepo said:
ok....so i'm not a muslim, however i do not say that what they say is not true. it could be ture, but not a solely truth.
why can't we look at all possibilities, if you don't go further from that which you believe, you will never attain wisdom.
you have to trust the believers and the disbeliever, you have to learn from them all, from a point of view where you will not defend neither one, you can only do this when you separate from all groups of beliefs.
why don't you question God, why don't you question "Muhammad", or Jesus, or buddha, it doesn't matter, why are you affraid of questioning them?
Question, inquire, search for truth and do not dissmiss any belief. have an open mind, a mind alert to all that is going on. do not lock yourself into your sistem of beliefs. contemplate all chances and do not hate the ones who contradict you, because is from them who you will learn the most.
I think these things what you said will be more effective if you aply them on your self.
and don't follow your religion blindly. be logical. and if you study Islam(but not from anti Islamic sources) you will find that Islam is the most logical religion on the face the earth.

kai said:
whenever a muslim is questioned about the killingsof innocents the stonings etc etc etc we get the same stock answer its nothing to do with islam, so in effect :
all the atrocities we witness on a daily basis now in the name of allah is nothing to do with islam
women are blissfully happy in islam if not
it is nothing to do with islam
the genocide of africans in Darfur has nothing to do with islam
the preachers of hate in my country and elsewhere call for death to christians and jews is nothing to do with islam
islam must be the most misunderstood religion on earth, if this is true dont you think its about time Islam cleaned up its own house,because sooner or later the truth will dawn on the rest of the world
the bad Image of Islam has been created will fuly by the west including some christian missionaries. you want proof,here is it.

read carefully

A Christian surveyor, Professor Edward reported in the Time Magazine of April 16, 1979 that in a span of 150 years, from 1800 CE to 1950 CE “over 60,000 books have been written against Islam by the Christian West.” Now, it is questionable, who has initiated, nurtured and collected the hatred

Many are surprised that despite such propaganda being made against Islam, it still happens to be the fastest growing religion in today’s times. It is so, on the merits of its superior and noble teachings. Says Allah swt in the Glorious Qur'an:

“They (the non-Muslim enemies and critics of Islam) plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah”.
(Al-Qur'an 8:30)

The terrorist acts attributed to Muslim suspects, should not be attributed to Islam or the Muslims in general but to individual human weaknesses. Such human failings occur among all religious and ethnic groups. Recorded history has not witnessed an incident similar to the ‘Holocaust’. However, one is not expected to and should not attribute the holocaust to Christianity or to Christians in general.

A number of skeptics have made comments about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Skeptics allege that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was “a violent man, a man of war”. Some further state that "Jesus set the example for love, as did Moses … Muhammad set an opposite example” (remember Jerry Falwell?). These skeptics somehow fail to realize that far from being a man of war, “…he (Muhammad) must be called the saviour of humanity”, as described thus by George Bernard Shaw.

almifkhar

i was just courious about what the christian brother had to say about the islamic marrige contract. if i am not mistaken, dowery was and in some parts of the christian world today practiced. my friend god a divorce here in the states who is not muslim said that in her divorce decree it mentioned that the dowery was forfited. she said that her ex husband never paid her a dowery apon their marrige, so whats up with that?
the marrige contract in my opnion is ingenius for this way both parties can sit down and let the other know right up front what they will and will not tolerate from the other. this is a system that gets everything out on the table so there are no big problems down the road. also if a woman states in the marriage contract that her soon to be husband is not allowed to marry another woman he has to respect her wishes or else she can divorce him. not to mention the dowery isn't such a bad idea for it is for the woman to save or spend as she wishes.

what is it that the bible says about divorce?????????
well mat says, a man can divorce but a woman cannot remarry
and mark says, neither the man or woman can divorce and neither can remarry
and paul says, he would perfer folks not to marry or have sex in the first place
the old testament says that a man can divorce yet a woman cannot and goes so far as to say that a if a woman is raped that she will get stuck marring the guy who raped her.

i am not bashing the book, i'm confused and i am baffled as to why the woman gets the short end of the stick where her life is concerned.

also how was a marrage done in the early days of christanity?

Melody

Ali Ansari said:
I want to ask you a Question Do you believe that Old testament is the word of God ?

See my post above -- slice of history...not rule book.

Ali Ansari said:
as the Quran is.

I understand that is your belief, but there are those of us who respectfully disagree.

kai

ragamuffin
Ali Ansari said:
the bad Image of Islam has been created will fuly by the west including some christian missionaries. you want proof,here is it.

read carefully

A Christian surveyor, Professor Edward reported in the Time Magazine of April 16, 1979 that in a span of 150 years, from 1800 CE to 1950 CE “over 60,000 books have been written against Islam by the Christian West.” Now, it is questionable, who has initiated, nurtured and collected the hatred

Many are surprised that despite such propaganda being made against Islam, it still happens to be the fastest growing religion in today’s times. It is so, on the merits of its superior and noble teachings. Says Allah swt in the Glorious Qur'an:

“They (the non-Muslim enemies and critics of Islam) plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah”.
(Al-Qur'an 8:30)

The terrorist acts attributed to Muslim suspects, should not be attributed to Islam or the Muslims in general but to individual human weaknesses. Such human failings occur among all religious and ethnic groups. Recorded history has not witnessed an incident similar to the ‘Holocaust’. However, one is not expected to and should not attribute the holocaust to Christianity or to Christians in general.

A number of skeptics have made comments about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Skeptics allege that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was “a violent man, a man of war”. Some further state that "Jesus set the example for love, as did Moses … Muhammad set an opposite example” (remember Jerry Falwell?). These skeptics somehow fail to realize that far from being a man of war, “…he (Muhammad) must be called the saviour of humanity”, as described thus by George Bernard Shaw.
you have enforced my point once again you are copping out,
i am not talking about 1800 to 1950 i am talking about the last decade or so,
and i am not talking about allah either and you know exactly what it is i am getting at,
the nazis are hardly christian A very famous quote of Hitler is “I will crush Christianity under my boot like a poisonous toad."
if anything christians are guilty of not standing up to hitler, and that is my point to Islam, how do you expect the bombings, beheadings, stoneings,treatment of women, etc, etc to be viewed ,if you dont speak up and against it, history tells us that islam was spread through conquest , it could very well spread through faith alone to the whole world if not for terrible face of hate we see on our news channels every day
stop blaming everybody else and look to your selves and decide how you want the world to see Islam

Purple Thyme

according to Islam, it is my responsibility as a man to provide the financial source to my wife, kids, parents (when they get old), and my sisters (if they become widows). And if I refuse to support my widow sister for instance, then if she decides to take me to court and sue me, and prove that I make enough money to be able to support my wife, kids and my widow sister, then the court will force me to pay her money every month to support her. This law in Islam is called the law of "Nafaqa".

I respect your original post and you seem a very honorable man. I was brought up by my grandmother who was a very strong willed woman. She supported me throughout my childhood and also financially helped others in our family. I think everyone should help with family. My only disagreement is that I can financially support myself and my kids. I am married and my husband and I share equally with financial support and also child rearing duties. We have taken care of my elderly grandmother before her death as it was our duty and also one of the best gifts we ever gave to our family. She had a wealth of knowledge and experience. Why can't a woman be finacially responsible for herself? If my husband was gone today, I would survive and so would my children without dependency on any man. Just my view and it is meant with no disrespect to your beliefs. I found your posts quite interesting.

Ali Ansari said:
I think these things what you said will be more effective if you aply them on your self.
and don't follow your religion blindly. be logical. and if you study Islam(but not from anti Islamic sources) you will find that Islam is the most logical religion on the face the earth.

I apply them myself , or at least, i try to... And ofcourse i'm going to study islam, as well as others, i find it very interesting.......but, i'm affraid of one thing...is it really islam a ver logical religion? because if it is, it loses a little bit of the enchant that the rest posses.

kai said:
you have enforced my point once again you are copping out,
i am not talking about 1800 to 1950 i am talking about the last decade or so,
and i am not talking about allah either and you know exactly what it is i am getting at,
the nazis are hardly christian A very famous quote of Hitler is “I will crush Christianity under my boot like a poisonous toad."
if anything christians are guilty of not standing up to hitler, and that is my point to Islam, how do you expect the bombings, beheadings, stoneings,treatment of women, etc, etc to be viewed ,if you dont speak up and against it, history tells us that islam was spread through conquest , it could very well spread through faith alone to the whole world if not for terrible face of hate we see on our news channels every day
stop blaming everybody else and look to your selves and decide how you want the world to see Islam
no I am talking about 1800 to 1950. I only want emphasize with this fact of the history that in the span of 150 years 60,000 books were written against Islam more then 1 book a day, I want to ask you a question that why they had to do that? for what reason? and I know that some muslims a small group of muslims doing wrong activities in the name of Islam. but western media them as all muslims are like that.
I give an example that when a 50 years old arab marry 16 years old girl it comes in the head lines, but when a 60 years old man in USA rapes a 8 years old girl in does come in the paper at all.why?

kai

ragamuffin
Ali Ansari said:
no I am talking about 1800 to 1950. I only want emphasize with this fact of the history that in the span of 150 years 60,000 books were written against Islam more then 1 book a day, I want to ask you a question that why they had to do that? for what reason? and I know that some muslims a small group of muslims doing wrong activities in the name of Islam. but western media them as all muslims are like that.
I give an example that when a 50 years old arab marry 16 years old girl it comes in the head lines, but when a 60 years old man in USA rapes a 8 years old girl in does come in the paper at all.why?
i dont know, what were the books about , what were there titles ,and the old man if it wasnt in the paper how did you know about it, and western media doesnt says all muslims are like that, its the impression that all muslims believe in violence to support their cause that needs addressing, i know all muslims are not like that but we need more muslims to stand up and show us by example

Melody

Ali Ansari said:
but when a 60 years old man in USA rapes a 8 years old girl in does come in the paper at all.why?

Patently untrue...or you wouldn't have known about it.

Purple Thyme said:
I respect your original post and you seem a very honorable man. I was brought up by my grandmother who was a very strong willed woman. She supported me throughout my childhood and also financially helped others in our family. I think everyone should help with family. My only disagreement is that I can financially support myself and my kids. I am married and my husband and I share equally with financial support and also child rearing duties. We have taken care of my elderly grandmother before her death as it was our duty and also one of the best gifts we ever gave to our family. She had a wealth of knowledge and experience. Why can't a woman be finacially responsible for herself? If my husband was gone today, I would survive and so would my children without dependency on any man. Just my view and it is meant with no disrespect to your beliefs. I found your posts quite interesting.

as I said that man is responsible for financially support his family. but it does not mean that woman can not support her family financially, of course she can. but Allah gives this responsibilty to the man, if woman want she can help her husband or her father in financial reasons also. but it is not her responsibilty if she want she can if she don't want then no one can force to do.

kai said:
i dont know, what were the books about , what were there titles ,and the old man if it wasnt in the paper how did you know about it, and western media doesnt says all muslims are like that, its the impression that all muslims believe in violence to support their cause that needs addressing, i know all muslims are not like that but we need more muslims to stand up and show us by example
ok address what cause?

Melody

Ali Ansari said:
why untrue don't you know the stats of Rape In usa or should I have to give you?

You specifically said a 60 year old man raped an 8 year old girl.

Also, it's a bit difficult to see the true rape stats for some muslim countries. I'm only hazarding a guess but since a woman can...and is...stoned for adultery when she reports a rape, perhaps that deters women from reporting rape?

Please don't ask me for proof. Go do the internet search yourself. They're there for the looking. Just type in muslim stoning and it will pull them up.

kai

ragamuffin
Palestine, Iraq,darfur,Pan arabism,Pan islamism,slander,libel,chechnya, Extremist acts have included airline hijacking kidnapping assassination suicide bombing. atrocities like the beheading of people on film do not heroes make

Melody said:
You specifically said a 60 year old man raped an 8 year old girl.

Also, it's a bit difficult to see the true rape stats for some muslim countries. I'm only hazarding a guess but since a woman can...and is...stoned for adultery when she reports a rape, perhaps that deters women from reporting rape?

Please don't ask me for proof. Go do the internet search yourself. They're there for the looking. Just type in muslim stoning and it will pull them up.

this is an other proof of your misconception. that is why you have mixed two different crimes in one.

Rape & adultery are two different crimes and have two different punishments

click here for rape punishment in Islam

and

Punishment for Adultery in Islam

Under Islamic law, the punishment for adultery is 100 lashes (of moderate intensity). This punishment will be carried out only in that state where Islamic laws are promulgated. No individual is authorized to execute the penalty. In addition, the punishment is executed only in case of accused being caught by the law. Even in that case, if it is proved beyond doubt that the accused had truly repented over his sin before being caught, the punishment is to be condoned.Allah accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy; for Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom. (al-Tirmidhi, 3540). It was narrated from Abu Dharr that the Prophet (pbuh) said that Allah says, "… O My slaves, you commit sin night and day, and I forgive all sins, so ask Me for forgiveness…" (Muslim, 2577)

for detail click here