• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

****ing Meat....

Shaul

Premium Member
But their numbers are much greater.
Why?
"because the cow is used for food instead of dying in the wild"

In fact, how many cows are feral?
Well....

American bison (buffalo) numbered 30-60 million in the 1800s. Domestic cows currently number 35 million. Cows and bison are both bovines and produce similar emissions. So, no net emissions.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Well....

American bison (buffalo) numbered 30-60 million in the 1800s. Domestic cows currently number 35 million. Cows and bison are both bovines and produce similar emissions. So, no net emissions.

This site claims 90 million cattle in the U.S.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Well....

But we are not talking about bison, we are talking about cows.
Though I would be interested in the numbers if they were to include bison in the stats....

Shaul

Premium Member
This site claims 90 million cattle in the U.S.

I used the number for beef cows only from the USDA since we are discussing cows that are eaten, not all cows.
1698845703962.png

Shaul

Premium Member
But we are not talking about bison, we are talking about cows.
Though I would be interested in the numbers if they were to include bison in the stats....
Both bison and cows are bovines and both consumed. Bison were part of the natural ecosystem and once number 30-60 million. Their historic numbers are comparable to the current number of cows. The point is that the emissions of gasses from cows today are comparable to the historical emissions of bison, which were always a part of nature and its cycles. The numbers are less relevant than the point that cow emissions are part of natural cycles and not additive to them.