• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Infinite 0 vs Finite 1

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
0 vs 1

I was sitting listening to a young man speak about the Bhagavad Gita tonight he brought up that our material desires and possessions are 0 and Krishna is 1 and I'm not explaining this well but I got to thinking.

0 is far more infinite than 1. He used the example of 0×1 and other such numbers and all becoming 0 but... 1 will always become absorbed in the infinity of 0 whereas it is quite impossible to become lost in 1!

Maybe Ratikala or Nitai das could offer their thoughts? Within 0 exists Te potential for all numbers. Is it not better to say Krishna is 0 and we, in Achintya Bhedabheda are the numbers held within?

Shantanu

0 vs 1

I was sitting listening to a young man speak about the Bhagavad Gita tonight he brought up that our material desires and possessions are 0 and Krishna is 1 and I'm not explaining this well but I got to thinking.

0 is far more infinite than 1. He used the example of 0×1 and other such numbers and all becoming 0 but... 1 will always become absorbed in the infinity of 0 whereas it is quite impossible to become lost in 1!

Maybe Ratikala or Nitai das could offer their thoughts? Within 0 exists Te potential for all numbers. Is it not better to say Krishna is 0 and we, in Achintya Bhedabheda are the numbers held within?
In case God wants to speak to you, how do you open yourself to receiving His words in Achintya Bhaedabheda tatwa?

Jedster

Yes, zero is certainly more potent than 1.
Mathematically speaking, dividing a number by zero results in infinity.
So, translating that into normal speak, we could say that dividing something by nothing results in everything.

So, the finite contains the infinite.

When Krishna's mother looked into his mouth, she saw the whole universe.

Shantanu

I have no idea, Achintya Bhedabheda is not the philosophy I follow.
I think it is important that if a person wants to be near God, he/she must ask God to show the person how to be near to Him. If God does not answer then it should be clear to the person that He does not wish the person to be near to Him so that the person should get on with other things in his/her life, No?

Last edited:

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
I think it is important that if a person wants to be near God, he/she must ask God to show the person how to be near to Him. If God does not answer then it should be clear to the person that He does not wish the person to be near to Him so that the person should get on with other things in his/her life, No?

@Shantanu I am not sure what you are saying? Are you saying that I should not ask other members about their philosophies?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I would say poor mathematical analogy, using mathematics where it is not required. Why not say that God is everything and material desires and possessions are nothing before it. Something that all people will understand easily.

Kirran

Premium Member
I think that makes sense - but I'm a follower of the so-called crypto-Buddhist Shankara, so no surprise ;)

Shantanu

@Shantanu I am not sure what you are saying? Are you saying that I should not ask other members about their philosophies?
I am giving you my philosophy. I think if God does not want to listen to me and my needs, I should take that into account and tell people that this is the Reality that they will have to contend with.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, for some it is easy. Buddha and Sankara got enlightened at a comparatively younger age. Sankara was the head of a religious order at the age of 16 after having completed all his studies.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
God/CPU

Øneness/Heaven/Universal Consciousness (wisdom/unconditional love) = 0

Recycle Bin/Purgatory/Gehenna/Matter/Matrix/(I AM) = 1

Sheol/Hell/Hades (remorse/sorrow/regret/negativity/etc) = -1

Shantanu

Yes, for some it is easy. Buddha and Sankara got enlightened at a comparatively younger age. Sankara was the head of a religious order at the age of 16 after having completed all his studies.
We are all enlightened to the extent that we are the only judge of how enlightened we really are.

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
Namaste DeviChaaya-ji
Within 0 exists Te potential for all numbers. Is it not better to say Krishna is 0 and we, in Achintya Bhedabheda are the numbers held within?
I think the person was talking in context to digital electronics(If not, that's what I infer from it). When Logic is High(1), Lamp Glows, there's Light and there's Krishna and When its Low(0), Lamp is OFF, no Krishna. Simple, isn't it? :)

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
I would say poor mathematical analogy, using mathematics where it is not required. Why not say that God is everything and material desires and possessions are nothing before it. Something that all people will understand easily.
I would give a better analogy than the person who gave this real poor analogy ;)
Sri Krushna says in Bhagawadgita

bhumir apo ’nalo vayuh kham mano buddhir eva ca
ahankara itiyam me bhinna prakritir astadha

The paramaatma says PRAKRITI is made up of 8 basic elements , bhoomi(earth), apaha(water), anala(fire),,vayuhu(air), kham(Akasa), manas, buddhi ,and ahamkAra....(why Sri Krushna maintained this order first prithvi, water, fire,vayu and akasa is a thing to ponder for my fella posters ;) ).Our all bodies are made up of prakriti, each and every object inthe entire universe is made of prakriti so composed of 8 elements, well that is the insentient part. Coming to sentient part, this prakriti operates under the influence of a non-materialistic entity called jIva which is 9... As you already know no matter if you multiply 9 with any number you will get 9.
9*7=63=6+3 =9
9*20=180 =1+8=9

So when number 9 does not matter how many times it multiplies, it remains 9 only, does not develop, while when it combines with any other number it could lose itself and it gives identity to that number(the other numbers symbolically represents prakriti or insentient nature say)
9+4 =13= 1+3 =4
9+7=16=1+6=7
so if Jiva gets a false identification with body or its multiple elements it loses its identity almost

1 is Sri Krushna, so when 9(jIva) takes shelter of 1 it becomes 9+1 = 1 0

0 is NEVER called as shunya or zero in the olden days in bhArat, it was taught as POORNAM or COMPLETE............

So, when 9 mixes with 1, it becomes poornam or complete and the 1 still remains besides it and only when it is aided by 1 it becomes complete or poornam ( and this 1 Sri Krushna stays with it after it becomes poornam or complete (because no matter how many 00000s you put it has no value unless Sri Krushna or 1 is beside it)...............

adiyen Chinna Jeeyar Swamy daasa......

Last edited:

Shantanu

I would give a better analogy than the person who gave this real poor analogy ;)
Sri Krushna says in Bhagawadgita

bhumir apo ’nalo vayuh kham mano buddhir eva ca
ahankara itiyam me bhinna prakritir astadha

The paramaatma says PRAKRITI is made up of 8 basic elements , bhoomi(earth), apaha(water), anala(fire),,vayuhu(air), kham(Akasa), manas, buddhi ,and ahamkAra....(why Sri Krushna maintained this order first prithvi, water, fire,vayu and akasa is a thing to ponder for my fella posters ;) ).Our all bodies are made up of prakriti, each and every object inthe entire universe is made of prakriti so composed of 8 elements, well that is the insentient part. Coming to sentient part, this prakriti operates under the influence of a non-materialistic entity called jIva which is 9... As you already know no matter if you multiply 9 with any number you will get 9.
9*7=63=6+3 =9
9*20=180 =1+8=9

So when number 9 does not matter how many times it multiplies, it remains 9 only, does not develop, while when it combines with any other number it could lose itself and it gives identity to that number(the other numbers symbolically represents prakriti or insentient nature say)
9+4 =13= 1+3 =4
9+7=16=1+6=7
so if Jiva gets a false identification with body or its multiple elements it loses its identity almost

1 is Sri Krushna, so when 9(jIva) takes shelter of 1 it becomes 9+1 = 1 0

0 is NEVER called as shunya or zero in the olden days in bhArat, it was taught as POORNAM or COMPLETE............

So, when 9 mixes with 1, it becomes poornam or complete and the 1 still remains besides it and only when it is aided by 1 it becomes complete or poornam ( and this 1 Sri Krushna stays with it after it becomes poornam or complete (because no matter how many 00000s you put it has no value unless Sri Krushna or 1 is beside it)...............

adiyen Chinna Jeeyar Swamy daasa......
All that makes us survive as human beings comes from the sun in terms of light and heat, so why did this Sri Krushna not include these in Prakriti?