• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

India becomes latest nation to ban shark 'finning'

Galen.Iksnudnard

India becomes latest nation to ban shark 'finning' | CP24.com

NEW DELHI -- India has banned hunting sharks for only their fins in a move to protect endangered species from indiscriminate hunting for parts wanted abroad.

The practice of shark "finning," or slicing off a shark's fins and throwing it back to die slowly on the ocean floor from starvation or inability to move, has exploded worldwide due to demand from China, where shark fin soup is considered a delicacy.

I think this is wonderful news. Hats off to India for this legislation.

Their relationship with and treatment of animals has been rooted in their culture for centuries. I just hope that they can enforce these laws effectively.

Knight of Albion

Good for them! Lets hope all the other nations that persecute these wondrous creatures follow suit before they are pushed to extinction.

Galen.Iksnudnard

Shark finning is a global trade alas. We are in the process of banning shark finning here in the EU.
The Shark Trust - Stop Shark Finning

That's good. Right now in the US California bans the sale of shark fin soup, but as far as I know they don't ban shark finning itself. Personally I'd not only like to a- see the ban go national but b- see the soup banned but also a ban on finning, with stiff penalties imposed on anyone posessing or selling shark fins.

It's a cruel and barbaric practice and needs to come to a stop.

http://www.stopsharkfinning.net/shark-fin-soup-facts/

Last edited: