• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Income Inequality.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Succes or failure has a lot to do with
the story people tell themselves

An anthro professor mentioned talking to an American
Indigenous boy who said "Chinese like to build things.
We are hunters. I want to be a hunter and a basketball
player *.

Absolute guarantee of a life of poverty.

* meaning in the village, not on an actual team
Boys image anything. But after going to school, it usually translates into a life direction. He might become an NBA professional basketball player. Or, as my daughter who had 5 things she was going to become, became none of the 5 things.

Kenny

Premium Member
Your link is self help garbage that makes claims but doesn't back them up. Like it's claim that most people who struggle finamcially live beyond theirmeans. First that doesn't necessarily mean people who are poor and in fact that does include even some rich people (heard of MC Hammer amd the storyof many lotter winners?), amd second it is entirely unsourced.
And patronizing attitudes aren't appreciated. If things worked like they do in all these fantasies people keep believing I would have been employed full time several months ago doing something I found I actually like doing (and I'm even totally ok and used to keeping weird hours). But as people who don't hold those illusions about life say, wish in on hand, **** in the other and see which ones fills up first. Even being top of the class and being ahead of yhe pack in the actual skills doesn't really help that much or I'd be super employable having graduated with honors.
In the real world things don't always work out for people as they planned.
Actually if a vision is just fantasy... then you are right.

Reminds me of:

Definitely has physical problems issues.

Kenny

Premium Member
This I actually like doing. And while phlebotomy isn't exactly getting to go Michael Myers on people, it's still fun because I've fantasized about stabbing people (and worse) a lot, especially in high school. And based on what people I have drawn from have told me, I get a twisted pleasure from being able to say there's little to no pain when I stab someone.
So, you can see why being denied a job doing this endlessly frustrates me.
Ok... so we have established that your inability of finding a job isn't an external issue but an internal issue. It isn't an income inequality issue.

There are many helps out there. The one my wife and I used was Jesus--but you can select any other self-help.

Audie

Veteran Member
Boys image anything. But after going to school, it usually translates into a life direction. He might become an NBA professional basketball player. Or, as my daughter who had 5 things she was going to become, became none of the 5 things.
There's a larger picture. The native child's
lack of ambition or vision is characteristic of
native Amrricans. A sad product of history that
they need to overcome, with a new narrative of
who they are.

The Jewish people are deservedly noted for their
high achievement. It's not innate brainpower, it's culture.

Asians routinely outperform other groups in the
USA. Culture, or what i referred to as the " story"
people tell themselves, individually or collectively.

Shifting responsibility for failure to circumstances
or other people is toxic, especially when it's assumed
before one even starts.

I will trust you won't assume I am being so shallow
and facile as to think this covers all possible
circumstances and feel a need to list yes- buts.

Kenny

Premium Member
There's a larger picture. The native child's
lack of ambition or vision is characteristic of
native Amrricans. A sad product of history that
they need to overcome, with a new narrative of
who they are.

The Jewish people are deservedly noted for their
high achievement. It's not innate brainpower, it's culture.

Asians routinely outperform other groups in the
USA. Culture, or what i referred to as the " story"
people tell themselves, individually or collectively.

Shifting responsibility for failure to circumstances
or other people is toxic, especially when it's assumed
before one even starts.

I will trust you won't assume I am being so shallow
and facile as to think this covers all possible
circumstances and feel a need to list yes- buts.
Not at all... you have spoken some reality here.

I remember at a church school that I was a part of decades ago. A new student reject by the public school was there and in two days she was already waiting to see the principal of the school.

Passing by the "waiting room" - I sat down to talk with her. Circumstances had thrown out of public school. She was bummed out that she was was held back one year and won't graduate with her friends. That issue created anger and was self-defeating her future.

Sitting down with her I showed her a path to graduating at the same time as her classmates. She stayed for that year where she also accepted Jesus Christ which speak of a new start and a new beginning. A new life as a new person. She left the school after that one year.

A couple of years later I was asked to speak at another school. Lo and behold, there she was in a P.A.C.E. school. She smiled at me from ear to ear and said, "I am graduating with my friends"! She took the vision and ran with it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ok... so we have established that your inability of finding a job isn't an external issue but an internal issue.
Internal? My phlebotomy teacher is working with me this week to help me figure out how to do it one handed so you have to find some other garbage to puke up.