• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Inbreeding

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Traditionally, families that have had involvement in inbreeding get some messed up children out of the deal. If you subscribe to the creation theory from the Bible consider this:

Eve was made from Adam's rib. That is pretty darn close to cloning. Forget that though. Assume that they were two different people with two different sets of DNA. They later had children. These children were all blood related to each other and also to both Adam and Eve. That means that all offspring from the third generation and later would have been inbred. So why isn't all of humanity deformed by now? :confused:

freethinker44

So why isn't all of humanity deformed by now? :confused:

Assuming creationism is true, maybe we are deformed. I could be wrong but I don't remember any pictures in the bible, who says adam and eve looked anything like us at all. Maybe we are so physically grotesque compared to what adam and eve looked like.

Of course the simplest answer is god can do anything he wants so if he wanted all humans to come from two people and not have any genetic deformities then that is how it would be.

I don't expect a creationist to use any of these two ideas though, probably just say it is gods will and not our place to understand. That seems to be the default answer.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure the common answer is that God created other peoples in addition to Adam and Eve.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
So why isn't all of humanity deformed by now? :confused:

We are. Look at all the diseases we have. Our lifespan is propped up by medical care.

I don't believe that Eve was literally formed from Adam's rib. But if we assume that Adam and a perfect genetic structure, it would be reasonable that major degradation of the genetic structure would not occur immediately. Also if we look at the biblical example and see the supposed lifespan of Adam's descendants, then our shorter lifespans today could be a result of that inbreeding.

footprints

Traditionally, families that have had involvement in inbreeding get some messed up children out of the deal. If you subscribe to the creation theory from the Bible consider this:

Eve was made from Adam's rib. That is pretty darn close to cloning. Forget that though. Assume that they were two different people with two different sets of DNA. They later had children. These children were all blood related to each other and also to both Adam and Eve. That means that all offspring from the third generation and later would have been inbred. So why isn't all of humanity deformed by now? :confused:

Irrespective of whether we use creationism or evolution, at some stage in the beginning of each, inbreeding would have been prevalent just due to numbers of the species. Humans are mutants, if everybody was mutated in the same way, they wouldn't be seen as being mutants, but seen as being normal, to everybody around them at the same time.

LOL whether humans are deformed now or not, is just a matter of perception.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Assuming creationism is true, maybe we are deformed. I could be wrong but I don't remember any pictures in the bible, who says adam and eve looked anything like us at all. Maybe we are so physically grotesque compared to what adam and eve looked like.
I agree with this, there are all kinds of genetic deformities we take for granted out there, things that are passed down through the genetic lineage. Examples:
- Short sight/Long sight
- Eczema, hayfever, migraines - All tied to the same genetic markers from what my docs have told me.

There are way more but it's Sunday here and I'm feeling lazy. What I'm trying to say is, relative to a perfectly formed human we are all deformed.