• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In this thread, we share positive affirmations from the Torah, Qur'an & Bible

Deidre

So, I deconverted from Christianity about four years ago, and consider myself ‘logically’ an atheist, with spiritual leanings, now. While I don’t believe that there is any objective evidence to support the existence of a deity, I still respect some of the moral teachings and positive affirmations from the Torah, Qur’an and the Bible. There are even some striking similarities, amongst them all.

I was hopeful of having a thread here where we could share such things that are meaningful to us, to uplift one another. :sunflower:

From the Qur'an:

26-quran-quotes-araf-7-199.png

Deidre

Yes I am . I am like 30 seconds from cutting my tongue off out of frustration!
nonono-onion-head-emoticon.gif
. Topics about Islam get me aroused and that does not happen very often :confused:

Awww!
I understand. I get upset over certain aspects of religion...and the fact that in some ways I feel I wasted a lot of time chasing other people's ideas of what or who a god is. But, there is still some beauty to be had...in all religions. It's the dark parts that I won't pay attention to, anymore. **hugs**

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Isaiah 53

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lordrevealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Yes I am . I am like 30 seconds from cutting my tongue off out of frustration!
nonono-onion-head-emoticon.gif
. Topics about Islam get me aroused and that does not happen very often :confused:
Yes it makes me very angry too. It is soo sad. I have seen the videos and the executions and have wept....a lot of people share in your grief.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Yes it makes me very angry too. It is soo sad. I have seen the videos and the executions and have wept....a lot of people share in your grief.

But you have never been a Muslim and have never had you head wrapped around Islamic theology/ideology. For me it is like grieving about people I once called family.

Servant_of_the_One1

Many thanks for this thread!!!!!

Verses from Quran and Bible that gives me strength:
The Mercy of Allah
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Jesus pbuh teaches man about the Oneness of Allah the most High:
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.

Deidre

But you have never been a Muslim and have never had you head wrapped around Islamic theology/ideology. For me it is like grieving about people I once called family.

((hug)) But, you know...I feel that pain, as it's similar for anyone who was immersed in their faith, deeply. I loved Christianity at one time...and it's been almost like a grieving process to let go of it all. Sorry, Sha. :(

Deidre

Many thanks for this thread!!!!!

Verses from Quran and Bible that gives me strength:
The Mercy of Allah
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

Jesus pbuh teaches man about the Oneness of Allah the most High:
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.

I like this, thank you. I've read the Qur'an, my muslim friends encouraged me to read it. I have a question for you...do you think that the NT is not true about Jesus? I'm no longer a theist, but when I was a Christian...I thought Jesus was Divine.

If there exists a god, Servant of the One, I hope he is merciful.

I ran across this from the Qur'an today...

islamic-quote-on-trials.jpg

In some ways, the teaching of Muhammed were plainer than those teachings in the Bible. You know? Like not as cryptic. I think this quote helps people to make sense of suffering, if they follow Islam. Even if you don't follow it. Should a god exist...the trials are for our benefit?

Servant_of_the_One1

Yes many people convert to islam specialy when the religion is attacked. People get curious. After 9/11 people wondered what is islam. There are even reports of some converting to the religion at that day. Iam saying if something happens and people think about the religion, they become interested and eventually convert to the truth.

The rightwing and bigot groups dont know it actually helps islam to grow more and more.
Just like the polytheists in Makkah, they tried to destroy islam by attacks but it only increased the faith with more followers and more foothold.

Deidre

Yes many people convert to islam specialy when the religion is attacked. People get curious. After 9/11 people wondered what is islam. There are even reports of some converting to the religion at that day. Iam saying if someone happens and people think about the religion, they become interested and eventually convert to the truth.

The rightwing and bigot groups dont know it actually helps islam to grow more and more.
Just like the polytheists in Makkah, they tried to destroy islam by attacks but it only increased the faith with more followers and more foothold.

Interesting! I'm glad you joined this thread to share this.
It's funny, but...if I didn't have close friends who are Muslim, I might not understand the faith, or I might only listen to the news. The half-truths about Islam. I feel it is a VERY misunderstood religion. Now, I don't believe that any religion has the answers to who or what a god might be...but, there is a lot of beauty in Islam. There really is. My friends are such prayer warriors lol Their humility makes me want to grow more in humility. There are things I disagree with, just like I disagree with Christianity, etc...but, the Arabic/Muslim culture to me, is pretty fascinating. And one of my friend's mom cooks amazing middle eastern cuisine. haha This is why they are my friends.

I'm kidding! :p

Are you very devout, Servant of the One?

Servant_of_the_One1

I like this, thank you. I've read the Qur'an, my muslim friends encouraged me to read it. I have a question for you...do you think that the NT is not true about Jesus? I'm no longer a theist, but when I was a Christian...I thought Jesus was Divine.

If there exists a god, Servant of the One, I hope he is merciful.

I ran across this from the Qur'an today...

islamic-quote-on-trials.jpg

In some ways, the teaching of Muhammed were plainer than those teachings in the Bible. You know? Like not as cryptic. I think this quote helps people to make sense of suffering, if they follow Islam. Even if you don't follow it. Should a god exist...the trials are for our benefit?

Well we believe the NT is mixure of truth and falsehood.
For instance we reject the claim of paul that he received inspiration. And we reject all bible verses that claims Jesus pbuh is divine.
But there are verses that are in agreement with islamic teachings of pure monotheism, like the bible verse i post in my first comment on this thread.
And many other bible verses where jesus pbuh says he is doing the will of Allah, he is prophet sent by Allah, he is sent to the lost sheeps of israel, all these we accept and are truthful because they are in conflict with islamic teachings about Jesus pbuh.

Deidre

Well we believe the NT is mixure of truth and falsehood.
For instance we reject the claim of paul that he received inspiration. And we reject all bible verses that claims Jesus pbuh is divine.
But there are verses that are in agreement with islamic teachings of pure monotheism, like the bible verse i post in my first comment on this thread.
And many other bible verses where jesus pbuh says he is doing the will of Allah, he is prophet sent by Allah, he is sent to the lost sheeps of israel, all these we accept and are truthful because they are in conflict with islamic teachings about Jesus pbuh.

I happen to agree, that Paul was not inspired (if he existed) and if Jesus existed...that the story of 'divinity' was an add on long after he died, to gain control over other religions. That is my view. I believe that Jesus could very well have walked the earth, but he was only interested in sharing the love of God with his followers and those who would listen. He came to heal the sick, etc. But in a human way.

Servant_of_the_One1

Interesting! I'm glad you joined this thread to share this.
It's funny, but...if I didn't have close friends who are Muslim, I might not understand the faith, or I might only listen to the news. The half-truths about Islam. I feel it is a VERY misunderstood religion. Now, I don't believe that any religion has the answers to who or what a god might be...but, there is a lot of beauty in Islam. There really is. My friends are such prayer warriors lol Their humility makes me want to grow more in humility. There are things I disagree with, just like I disagree with Christianity, etc...but, the Arabic/Muslim culture to me, is pretty fascinating. And one of my friend's mom cooks amazing middle eastern cuisine. haha This is why they are my friends.

I'm kidding! :p

Are you very devout, Servant of the One?

Haha iam glad you have muslim friends and that you are not corrupted by media.
People who give respect , get respect in return. For you your religion/ideology and for us our religion. Our duty is only to tell you about islam, ur choice is up to you and we respect that.

Iam not devout lol. If i said that i would be lying to myself. But iam religionist in the sense of doing my prayers, trying my best to become good worshipper, learning about other religions too, and foremost to change my character.
A devout person is Someone that is not sinning alot.. Iam not on that level, but i love my religion and respect others even though we dont agree.

Besides, i agree with your views on Jesus pbuh. The ebionites were classical jewish christian sect, they believed jesus pbuh was prophet and the messiach.