• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In the MENA region, more and more young people are identifying as non-religious

danieldemol

Premium Member
'Following the umpteenth controversy surrounding the cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed, driven by President Emmanuel Macron of France on this occasion, various media outlets reported on the “protests across the Muslim world”, along with the heated statements made by several leaders in Muslim-majority countries. Although the demonstrations were not limited to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, the controversy contributed to fuelling the stereotype of the ‘Arab world’ as an ultra-conservative region where everything is dominated by religion. There are, however, some indications that beneath this tempestuous surface lies an undercurrent, pointing to a shift in the opposite direction, especially among young people.'

Read more here: In the MENA region, more and more young people are identifying as non-religious

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Gotta love young people sometimes.* Here in the US, young Evangelicals are voting with their feet, are increasingly leaving churches dedicated to political causes, such as gay bashing, and seeking out churches focused on Christ's message. At least, according to Pew.

*This statement should NOT be taken to mean I want any young people on my grass these days!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
'Following the umpteenth controversy surrounding the cartoons depicting the Prophet Mohammed, driven by President Emmanuel Macron of France on this occasion, various media outlets reported on the “protests across the Muslim world”, along with the heated statements made by several leaders in Muslim-majority countries. Although the demonstrations were not limited to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, the controversy contributed to fuelling the stereotype of the ‘Arab world’ as an ultra-conservative region where everything is dominated by religion. There are, however, some indications that beneath this tempestuous surface lies an undercurrent, pointing to a shift in the opposite direction, especially among young people.'

Read more here: In the MENA region, more and more young people are identifying as non-religious
The Scriptures declare that the Truth will set you free, the Truth will win
People leaving Islam seems to me a clear message there is somethings wrong there

Heyo

Veteran Member

The latest predictions had the percentage of non believers worldwide going down and Islam becoming the worlds biggest religion by 2050. We had an OP about that recently.
I questioned that prediction as it was only based on demography. Seems I might have been right.

stvdv

I think this is an interesting fact, that young people leave religion

Note: I assume the young are leaving because they see right through some Adharmic dogmas; e.g. Adharmic killing in name of Scripture/Religion

Hindu Scriptures declare "spiritual ego is incurable". Once you got it, you are stuck with it for this life. Takes one or more generations, as shown here. The old, should be wise, and be able to learn from the young, but they usually are not. Scriptures give examples of old + wise people though, who accept their son as guru

Note: The sad part is, that due to stubborn old people (in charge of religion) the young leave and throw away the good parts too

Last edited:

stvdv

The latest predictions had the percentage of non believers worldwide going down and Islam becoming the worlds biggest religion by 2050. We had an OP about that recently.
I questioned that prediction as it was only based on demography. Seems I might have been right.
I agree. I also disagreed then, and I still disagree that with such Adharmic actions Religion will continue to grow

This "kill the ones who draw a picture of Muhammad" mania some adhere to, is the best way to "kill one's religion".

From the Wisdom in Hinduism we know that "Dharma protects those who follow Dharma"

Note: During the 4 years D.Trump my trust has not only dropped in Religious leaders

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Impressive. Especially since in some of those countries, as the article pointed out, apostasy can be punished by death.