• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachable event, laws broken.. have a view:

Green Man

TranceAm said:
In Unusual "Signaling" Move, Secret Service Admits White House is Suppressing Free Speech at Bush Events Financed by Taxpayers. This Would be Impeachable if Republicans Cared About Our Constitution. And It Happens Again and Again.
This is incredible: Very rarely does the everyday public get a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes in a normally-secret Bush Administration.

<snip>

How is the Bush Administration "ID'ing" citizens before presidential events? Why was an official taxpayer-funded event called a "private event" - leading to citizens being kicked out?

<snip>

After allowing taxpayers to finance his privatization events (let's call them what they really are after all,) and after using the White House communications apparatus to set them up, Bush is privatizing the ticket distribution and security staffing at his events to the Republican Party. The losers are not just taxpayers, but anyone who values the First Amendment. Under the banner of a "private event" the Republican Party is excluding citizens from seeing their president because of the lone sin of expressing the wrong idea on a bumper sticker or t-shirt. The question for Americans is - will we allow our freedom to be privatized?

http://www.globalnewsmatrix.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=168

And what patriot wouldn't support the first amendment?

Hillary's been doing that for years and nobody pays any attention to that.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
No one really pays attention to Hillary. XP

This tu quoque really doesn't matter anyway, as Hillary is not our president, even though she and others might wish so. You would think that the president, of all people, would respect the people's freedoms and the right to free speech. He is the leader of what many like the call the "most free country in the world."

Saw11_2000

Well, when I see a graphic of the write house with the words "THEY KNOW" inscribed upon it, the credibility goes down.

Perhaps I am incorrect, but I doubt it's an impeachable offense.

I doubt you will find a few if not any presidents in U.S. history that didn't violate at least a few laws during their presidency.

Saw11_2000

I'm going to assume that the "THEY KNEW" thing meant that they knew about 9/11.

My point is, that if you were to go to a non-biased site, you wouldn't see a white house picture with THEY KNEW written on it. Check the associated press if you don't believe me.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Saw, I doubt you will find many men who have committed no wrong. Does this make what they do right? If 80% of the people in the world attempt a murder, does that make the murders right? Simply put, this adds to my belief that this next few years will be rough for the people.

Also, I believe the U.N. decided that Canada, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway, were the most free countries, with Canada at the very top several years running, though Sweden won in one year. I believe the U.S. was sixth, or ninth.

Saw11_2000

^I know that. I know Bush has done wrong things in his life, he was arrested for DUI.

I have also done bad things in my life, everyone has at one point or another.

Bill Clinton did bad things as well, although I won't mention them, it's a family forum. =D

Did I think Bill deserved to get impeached over getting a $# no, of course not.
Is this an impeachable offense, I do not think so either.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Actually, the cases are quite different. Bill Clinton got impeached because of a little bit of fun he had. Bush could/should get impeached because he blatantly ignored civil rights. You see, civil rights are more important than a man's sex life.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Blatantly and illegal ignoring civil liberties/rights? When you look at it, civil liberties are all that make us different from despotisms.What does it take for it to be an impeachable offense, in your opinion.

Saw11_2000

Well didn't you say earlier that we are the 6th or 9th most free country in the world? We shouldn't have that much civil liberties comparing to Canada then.

Impeachable offense, hmm. Well, I can't really say, doesn't the congress decide whether to impeach or not? It's up to them to make this determination.

Going to bed, I'll check this tommorrow.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Druidus said:
Blatantly and illegal ignoring civil liberties/rights?
Actually, as horrified as I am of that, I'm not so concerned about it as I am the taking away of the rights we already have.

Whether or not they'd be able to impeach him is another story. *crosses arms, fingers, toes*

Green Man

Druidus said:
Actually, the cases are quite different. Bill Clinton got impeached because of a little bit of fun he had. Bush could/should get impeached because he blatantly ignored civil rights. You see, civil rights are more important than a man's sex life.

Teflon Bill was impeached because of the cover up,not because of sex.