• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imagine

love

tri-polar optimist
I have spent my life up until now in the service of the Masters as an engineer. But now I have been thrown out into the masses, spared death only by having favor of one of the Masters. My crime was asking questions that have been prohibited since the beginning of time. Why are the Masters superior to all other men? Don't they feel pain and die just like the masses? Why are they so afraid of education that only a select few can learn to read or write, and study the history of man? These few are only educated to serve the Masters in a higher capacity and are not free to explore the mysterys of life. They are confined to learning only what they need to know in their field so that the Masters may live in the comfort and luxury they are entitled to. Why aren't the Masters held accountable for the pain and suffering they cause the masses for their own pleasure. My death is iminent and close at hand because I have crossed the line. I know there is more to life than what the Masters tell us and I must put these questions in writing so that others with the same thoughts may find them and seek the answers.
Why is there life?
Why is there death?
How can a seed grow into a plant?
How does life sustain itself?
Why is the earth so perfect for sustaining life?
Isn't it wrong to cause pain or death to another?
Why do I feel that something more powerful than the Masters is watching over me?

love

tri-polar optimist
This is just one view point of a possible world without the input of God. The Masters would be the men in control.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
love said:
This is just one view point of a possible world without the input of God. The Masters would be the men in control.

But you quote your religion as N/D (non denominational ?) Christian. Presumably, you do believe in God.

love

tri-polar optimist
This is somewhat of a response to the thread "religions impediment to mankind"

love

tri-polar optimist
This is a ficticous scenario of what the world might be like if God had not sent His Word down to us for guidance and no man feared God. Where the strong completely dominated the weak and men thought of themselves as God. There have been times in history when godless men have had such power.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
love said:
Why are they so afraid of education that only a select few can learn to read or write, and study the history of man?

Are they? We have these wonder institutions called libraries, bookstores, schools, and the Internet. There is no lack of information to be had.

These few are only educated to serve the Masters in a higher capacity and are not free to explore the mysterys of life.

Who is not free to explore... anything?

They are confined to learning only what they need to know in their field so that the Masters may live in the comfort and luxury they are entitled to.

How are people being "confined"? When I got my degree in computer science at a university, I was required to take liberal arts courses so that I would be a more well-rounded person. I took philosophy as a liberal arts concentration. How precisely was I being "confined"?

Why aren't the Masters held accountable for the pain and suffering they cause the masses for their own pleasure.

Do they cause pain and suffering? Or is it life that does?

Why is there life?

Abiogenesis.

Why is there death?

Life is fragile.

How can a seed grow into a plant?

Biology.

How does life sustain itself?

Eating, drinking, etc.

Why is the earth so perfect for sustaining life?

Because this is where life evolved.

Isn't it wrong to cause pain or death to another?

Normally, yes, but it depends on the context.

Why do I feel that something more powerful than the Masters is watching over me?

Because you are paranoid?

eudaimonia,

Mark

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
love said:

I think you'll find that atheists generally value and promote education.

eudaimonia,

Mark