• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm trying to get God to convert to my Religion!

Spiderman

Veteran Member

I'm trying to get God to love Amaterasu and stop being jealous that she is more cute than he is.
cc5bb1492c78c35b898faf972c4fe976--beautiful-asian-women-samurai-swords (1).jpg

Amaterasu is the highest most venerated Kami in Shintoism, the state Religion of Japan. It's interesting because she is not acknowledged as having been around when the creator Kami made the earth, so you wouldn't think she would become greater than her maker, so I wonder what lead to her great status amongst the Japanese people.

The very Japanese flag is in honor of her because she is the sun divinity.

Anyhow, im pretty sure she is an entity, because multiple groovy things happen to me when I pray to her.
wallpaper_fantasy_woman_with-sword-samurai-1024x1024.jpg

I pray for Japan on the14th of each month, and on September 14th 2019, while in the Cathedral of Saint Paul praying for Japan, I turn around to see a picture of Maximilian Kolbe on a paper with the words JAPAN in big letters, and an image of a Shinto shrine.

I grab the image and walk out the door to immediately find a circular mirror on the ground. Circular mirrors are the highest relic in Shinto. The mirror had the same color lining and was identical to the mirror Amaterasu was looking into on a picture of her on my wall.

Keep in mind, it's Japan day and I have a Japan paper in my hand. I then walk to Capitol Hill and there is a shrine to dead firemen I never saw dated the year of my birth. There is a statue of a fireman and a ladder. I climb up the ladder and noticed it goes through a circular mirror.

Amaterasu gave a circular mirror to her grandson, the first Japanese Emperor. It is the oldest dynasty surviving on earth, dated before the Papacy by 600 years. She also gave him a sword. They are today kept at grand Ise shrine.
Samurai-Girl-with-Katana-wide-l.jpg

Shinto is actually compatible with Christianity, because Shinto has no known founder, no real Dogmas other than the dead become Kami (spirits) and supernatural entities exist. Shinto has no Scriptures or writings declared to be without error and inspired by God.

Therefore, Shinto doesn't contradict Christianity, because I accept Jesus as Lord and savior, believe in the Resurrection, believe in only one creator (monotheism) and am still 100% Shinto. I simply believe Amaterasu was a great female Spirit who God created and they are in an Alliance.

Since we don't know who founded Shinto, it may have been God anyway.

I just like Shinto because they enshrine more people than any religion, the highest Kami is female , and they don't divide over Dogma and silly ancient Scriptures.

In Shinto, doctrine and Scripture is thought to distract from devotion to God and Kami. I couldn't agree more.

God, please convert to Shintoism! Make Amaterasu your delightful island girl. Let's get away from all the Dogma and ancient text that divides and contradicts itself.
307043.jpg

God bless you Amaterasu! Please accept Jesus as your Lord and savior. I want to see you and the Virgin Mary love each other like David loved Jonathan, the closest thing to a lesbian relationship ( without pissing God off. )

Will you marry me?

May God and all Angels and Saints transform Amaterasu into God's masterpiece and the delight of heaven. May she shock and surprise God in most delightful ways with her beauty, love, strength, and virtue, in Jesus name I pray!

May the future of our world be given her.
ws_Girl_with_samurai_sword_1440x900 (1).jpg

What do you think reader, will God answer my prayer?

What do you think, can a man be both Shinto and Christian?

Why or why not?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In Shinto we have Kamidanas, God shelves, cupboards reserved as spirit houses for enshrined Kami.
s-l1000 (1).jpg

In Shinto shrines there are facilities called "Hondens" which no one may enter, entirely reserved for enshrined Kami.
Oharano Jinja.jpg
1200px-Sumiyoshi_Taisha_Hunatama_Jinja1.jpg
IzumoTaisha_Honden_(detail).jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I turned one of my rooms into a Honden:

I also turned one of my cupboards into a Kamidana where I keep a spider as a Blessed Kami-charged Shintai (relic).

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Some friends insisted on installing a kamidama in our old house. They wanted it at our house because we had a 'spiritual fellowship' group going on, and we did activities at our house as opposed to theirs. They were thinking the kami of the 'fellowship' would reside there.

It was really a neat process; they promised to care and upkeep its maintenance(that was the one stipulation we put of agreeing to have it at our house, we were both already booked too solid to do much else). However, it was like a child with a puppy, and once the glimmer fell off, they stopped taking care of it, and wanted us to do it all, so we asked them to take it back to their house to live.

It did seem there was something living in the shrine, though my husband felt it was their residual energy. They seemed to have a relationship with it, but I felt nothing from it, one way or the other.

Not saying that's how other shrines work; I do believe that there are kamis. I'm just not sure what was in the one at our house.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What do you think reader, will God answer my prayer?
IF you pray with whole your heart full of Love, of course God will answer your prayer

What do you think, can a man be both Shinto and Christian?
How you describe it, I see no problem and neither does God

Why or why not?
God gave each human the Freedom to choose wisely for himself, without judging your choice, guiding you in your chosen path