• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm interested in studying dianetics but I don't really want to be a Scientologist

Bret2140

Can I study the metaphysical part of Dianetics and keep my old mythology? I want to be audited how much does this usually cost and where could I find a place to be audited in Mississippi?

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I don't see why not?

I don't believe in Dianetics, but from what I understand, it is used primarily as a form of psychology (in the loosest sense of the term) which could, I guess technically, exist apart from Scientology. So I don't why why you couldn't apply Dianetics to your life and still practice your religion.

As for auditing in Mississippi, that I don't know.

Enai de a lukal

Can I study the metaphysical part of Dianetics and keep my old mythology? I want to be audited how much does this usually cost and where could I find a place to be audited in Mississippi?
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to spend money on auditing? Is your money really burning a hole in your pocket that badly? :shrug: I'd imagine you could come up with virtually an infinite list of better things to spend your money on- heck, give it away to charity if you honesty don't need it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
From one site.
2006-Pricelist_2.jpg

source
Don't have a clue as to what these services are.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Buy the book. It's a self-help book.

If you find something there that works for you and you want to get deeper involved then maybe seek out an active organization.

You can self audit. You can have a partner preform some of the processes in the book on you.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
My limited experience with auditing was that they were life changing events. Not dramatically but in subtle ways. It changed how I saw things and has greatly affected my life, the decisions I've made.

I think I'm a better person because of it. So was it worth the cost? I suppose for me and for enough that they continue to support it.

Unfortunately most religions come with a lot of hype. Positive and negative. While I am no longer a Scientologist, though they may disagree since I signed a billion year contract, which I don't know if they still do to get you free auditing, I really have nothing negative to say about it.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
You should look into where the money goes to and what the gatherer of this money usually spends the money on, don't want to be indirectly paying for an organization you wish didn't exist.

I think it's definitely nothing to learn from or consider taking any opinions from, this is one of those things that you're better off viewing with a closed mind. It seems to put more emphasis on the metaphysics rather than the information, at least to what I'm getting out of critics. Accepting the metaphysics with picking and choosing would be really odd, even considering you're not interested in Scientology, but the book is focused around one primary thing: Incident II (which is an interesting, but not intriguing, tale).

So out of entertainment, this book would be something to look into reading, again, if the money is spent in appreciation of you.

I have always agreed with one thing this book supposedly talks about (and safely, as I'm not convinced due to this book): Survival is a primary motivation, right before entertainment and illusion of freewill, of mankind (while I personally think, in detail, is unconsciously recognized, so you generally aren't aware from it without firsthand contact of this motivation being threatened, not sure if this book professes that detail).