• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Im curious (short question)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What is a unique definition of your god whether directly verbatim from the Torah, Bible, Quran, or personal experience...

That your peers do not share?

To christians: focus on jesus' father not jesus himself (old testement)

For Jews: It can be from the Torah vertim if not experience

Muslims: either/or Quran, personal experience

Or all three, interpretation and/or experience.

Interfaith discussion.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
New What is a unique definition of your god whether directly verbatim from the Torah, Bible, Quran, or personal experience...

I believe in the devas, just as the Buddha himself is said to have taught about them. The English word for that is god or deity in a polytheistic sense. I believe the devas inhabit a higher realm than this world, but not the highness of the Buddha realms. This is traditional Buddhist polytheism, I gather you know.

Gods have bodies according to divine nature and near immortal lifespans, unless something kills them. They are born like Lord Indra/Zeus, and they will die when the universe does- because their bodies still belong to Samsara. They are beings of great power and treat themselves to nearly unlimited pleasures.

The Blessed One has told us that gods are at least typically sympathetic toward humans because their nature is marked with the Four Immeasurables, as mortal things are by the three marks. They are inclined to at least intense pity for the mortal state. Their nature is considered blessed, but beneath a Buddha's. Their nature (the Four Immeasurables) is a good ideal for anyone.

The best gods, if we could talk about them being good- are those that take refuge in our Lord's Dharma, or some other philosophical discipline. Those gods know they are not truly immortal, or they have good dispositions.

A few gods like Tara achieve actual Buddhahood.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is the god you know unique to the others who believe in a creator too?
Um. God and I have not actually met so I can't say. Also, I don't know what others believe in.

But, The God which I believe in is likely the same one as Jesus does, and David does, and Mary does, and her husband does, and Matthew does, and Isaiah does, and Moses does. ...........:D

syo

What is a unique definition of your god
i'm a christian, i believe in the trinity. father is the creator god, he is invisible and he doesn't have a face. he loves all his creations and he feels sorrow for those who reject him and do evil. my kind of unique definition is that the other gods of other religions are also true so the trinity god is not the only god. so father co-creates his creations with other gods of other religions. why? because on earth humans follow a variety of gods, so gods must be many.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
i'm a christian, i believe in the trinity. father is the creator god, he is invisible and he doesn't have a face. he loves all his creations and he feels sorrow for those who reject him and do evil. my kind of unique definition is that the other gods of other religions are also true so the trinity god is not the only god. so father co-creates his creations with other gods of other religions. why? because on earth humans follow a variety of gods, so gods must be many.

He co-creates with other gods? What are the other gods (the one's with as creators) compared to the god the father not the son?

syo

He co-creates with other gods? What are the other gods (the one's with as creators) compared to the god the father not the son?
the gods are equal to the father and they are also the same source of life as the father is. there exist many gods because if only one god was there, then all humans would worship one single god.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
the gods are equal to the father and they are also the same source of life as the father is. there exist many gods because if only one god was there, then all humans would worship one single god.

That would mean the question I ask wouldn't make sense. There wouldn't be anything unique about the god you believe because you believe they are all one?

syo

That would mean the question I ask wouldn't make sense. There wouldn't be anything unique about the god you believe because you believe they are all one?
in fact, christians are hardcore monotheists and they don't accept co-creation. i'm a christian polytheist and i think it's unique.

Faux Goat

Christian dystheist here. I believe that God can be (humanly speaking) petty, capricious, unfair and even cruel. And, aside from the evidence of our shared experience, I can cite many verses of Scripture to support this. Nevertheless I believe that God is still praiseworthy and morally unassailable, because the Creator is not morally beholden to His creation. To say otherwise would be to imply, for example, that an author is obliged to write a happy ending for each and every character, or that a painter is in the wrong for trashing a painting he dislikes.