• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm coughing

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
They are over the counter vitamins... maybe they will let you get some or they have some?
Even over the counter stuff has to be on my MAR for me to take.

Edit:
I'm on melatonin for instance. Had to be prescribed. As had allergy meds that are over the counter. Cough syrup and Tyenol are on my MAR as a PRN along with a slew of other over the counter meds. I can take those. But if it's not on my MAR I can't take it

VoidCat

It's bronchitis and I have to wait till tomorrow to get my antibiotics cuz the group home gets meds shipped here. The guy did not tell the group home manager how long I need to be out of work so I'll be calling tomorrow morning to be sure but he did say if it was pneumonia to be on antibotics for a full 24 hours before going back to work and even tho it's bronchitis imma go with that unless the doctor tells me differently when I call tomorrow

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's bronchitis and I have to wait till tomorrow to get my antibiotics cuz the group home gets meds shipped here. The guy did not tell the group home manager how long I need to be out of work so I'll be calling tomorrow morning to be sure but he did say if it was pneumonia to be on antibotics for a full 24 hours before going back to work and even tho it's bronchitis imma go with that unless the doctor tells me differently when I call tomorrow

Glad it's 'just' bronchitis. Pneumonia sucks.

VoidCat

@Kenny

My doctor has put in an order for a multivitamin to be on my MAR. Told me he would anyway. We will see if it's on there.

Wandering Monk

@Kenny

My doctor has put in an order for a multivitamin to be on my MAR. Told me he would anyway. We will see if it's on there.

Is it a dry cough or are you bringing up phlegm? Bronchitis will give you green or yellow phlegm. An expectorant might help you clear the mucus from your lungs. That helps me a lot when I get bronchitis.

VoidCat

Is it a dry cough or are you bringing up phlegm? Bronchitis will give you green or yellow phlegm. An expectorant might help you clear the mucus from your lungs. That helps me a lot when I get bronchitis.
Bring up phlegm. I do not know if an expectorant is on my MAR as a PRN. I'd have to see. Some cough medicine is so it's likely. I will say I have antibiotics coming in today they have been put on my MAR but I don't know when they'll arrive today and if I'd be able to take it today.
Depends on how it shows up on my MAR. If it's for the morning and it don't arrive by 8 I won't be able to take it today. If it's nighttime meds I might be able to take it.

Edit: talking to staff turns out it wasn't on my MAR last night cuz the doctors knew it wouldn't arrive by then. So I had to rewrite this.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Ok here's what the doctor sent me this morning when I asked about how long i should be out of work:
We should probably keep you out through at least today. Hopefully feeling better seen with medication and can get back tomorrow. No need for antibiotics at the moment. As long as you are fever free should be okay to work but would generally recommend wearing a mask for the next few days. However I do not mind giving you a few more days if you feel like you need it

I guess the meds aren't antibiotics like I thought. But there is some meds coming today he did prescribe me some