• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Illinois reopens several businesses

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Approximately yesterday or today, Illinois, a strict state for coronavirus policy, is reopening many businesses, including my local Gamestop which got reopened. I think I want to do something different and not link an article and rely on other Illinois RF'ers to confirm my story though, since the articles I have found, were written in a fairly confusing way, and I think in this rare case, if it's allowed, it's better to have others confirm from personal experience.

But if you do want to see the articles, google "Phase 3 Illinois".

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Also, my mention of Gamestop may scratch a few heads, so let me clarify:

Previously, Gamestop was doing no-contact pickup. You couldn't step foot in the store or do trades. So they were and weren't open.

Now the store has fully reopened in my town, with the exception you can't get cash on trades - only store credit called trade credit.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Enjoy it while you can (but as safely as possible). It probably won't be too long before lockdowns are reinstated.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Where I live, Contra Costa County, CA, locked down earlier than most and is reopening more slowly than many. But we're about to see a significant amount of reopening next week according to the press release I read earlier today.

Unfortunately the sheriff of the county next to us decided to not enforce the law about mask wearing so we might see a spike in cases and a renewed shutdown because of him.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Are there any strict number connected to the re-openings?
We have a policy that whenever the number of new infections goes above 50 per 100,000 per day averaged over a week, the lockdown has to be reinstated. (But already 3 out of 4 counties have broken that policy.)