• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If your God is perfect, then why aren't you?

ppp

The thesis is simple. You claim that your god is a perfect being. You claim that your god is all powerful and all knowing. You claim that your god made the universe, the earth, and all the living things in this world, including humans. That he is the one and the only creator. That everything that exists was created by him.

How can a perfect god create imperfect things?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The thesis is simple. You claim that your god is a perfect being. You claim that your god is all powerful and all knowing. You claim that your god made the universe, the earth, and all the living things in this world, including humans. That he is the one and the only creator. That everything that exists was created by him.

For entertainment, imo.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

I am not perfect because i am a fallen being (fallen to this realm of existence)
It means to become like God one must rise up through the different levels of higher existence.

Can i answer what i may have been before? no i can not because i do not remember before this lifetime as a human being.

You may laugh, or crack a joke about this belief, you asked the question and i answered it ;)

ppp

For entertainment, imo.
I am not perfect because i am a fallen being (fallen to this realm of existence)
It means to become like God one must rise up through the different levels of higher existence.

Can i answer what i may have been before? no i can not because i do not remember before this lifetime as a human being.

You may laugh, or crack a joke about this belief, you asked the question and i answered it ;)
Did your god create this realm of existence?
Also, do all of the statements in the OP apply to your god?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Did your god create this realm of existence?
Also, do all of the statements in the OP apply to your god?
If the teaching is correct, yes the God i believe in did create this realm, or maybe it was a different God who did it first time. I do not have a 100% clear answer on it :)

So can i be certain all the other questions in you OP apply to the God i believe in? Probably not. Because i do not understand all of it.

That said, I believe, but still have unanswered questions i would need answers to, too be able to give you a full answer to your OP. Your questiobs are very good, but not easy to answer

ppp

The only time people are thought imperfect is during job interviews.

Remove capitalism, and everything will make sense.
I don't know of any form of capitalism that predates feudalism. Let alone the new testament.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It is relative to our state of being.

The question you ask, is a question you must ask of your own self.

"He who knoweth his self hath known his Lord."

Here is a translation of an entire tablet on that topic, with a commentary on this topic.

He who knoweth his self hath known his Lord

Regards Tony

Ostronomos

Firstly,we are not imperfect in terms of belonging socially. Secondly, perfection is reserved for one human every few millenia. Such a human has the ability to enter the extra dimensional world of the supernatural, I should know, I have. You clearly have not. Thirdly, imperfection is not incompatible with a perfect God. Or the perfect human, who has a close relationship with that God.

InChrist

Free4ever

Because there is only ONE perfect, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, infinite Being. All created finite beings fall short of such a Being.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Firstly,we are not imperfect in terms of belonging socially. Secondly, perfection is reserved for one human every few millenia. Such a human has the ability to enter the extra dimensional world of the supernatural, I should know, I have. You clearly have not. Thirdly, imperfection is not incompatible with a perfect God. Or the perfect human, who has a close relationship with that God.
So you are a supernatural being in your own view?

ppp

Because there is only ONE perfect, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, infinite Being. All created finite beings fall short of such a Being.
That doesn't even attempt to answer the question. It just restates your position that I outlined in the OP.

How can a perfect being create anything imperfect? I would think that a perfect being could only create things perfectly

74x12

Everyone who is going to be saved will be perfect. Now they are not perfect just like a seed is not yet a full grown plant. Think about a seed. You put it in the dirt. It's dirty; it has to die in the ground before it can become a plant. It is the picture of imperfection. So people are like God's seed. He wants them to be perfect and they will be. But God does all things in the proper time.

Without evil, without struggle there could be no overcoming of evil. Therefore no opportunity for good to emerge or as it were ... sprout up from the earth like a new plant. And so we see that man was made imperfect. Adam in the Bible literally being made from dirt. But his end is perfection as long as he obeys God's plan for him.

Treasure Hunter

I agree that a perfect God cannot create imperfection, but a perfect God can split itself so as to create a desire for reunification. That desire for union then changes perfection from static to a process, or from a state of non action into a story with action. Through story, a divided, imperfect aspect of God can create worlds through which the other part has to navigate in order to reunify. (Proverbs 3:19)

Further, in order to move forward in a story, a present state must both be discerned by consciousness to be degraded in some capacity and that agent must also have the capacity to destroy the present state in order for the perfect state to become present. (Matthew 9:16-17)

Last edited:

Bird123

Patience. God isn't through creating you and everyone yet. This physical universe and world exists so one can Discover what perfect really is.

We are all on the path to Understanding. In order to make it perfect, it must be done within our own free choices. There is Genius behind everything. Can't you see??

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Not everyone claims this. It isn't necessary to think this.

So why aren't we perfect people? Why don't we fit into a perfectly harmonious society? It is because we aren't created physically by God and are a mixture, created spiritually by God but physically by chaotic forces. God is not disorderly and is not the source of disorder. As a person puts away their chaotic nature to inherit God's nature, they move towards orderly conduct. This includes anyone who learns to be at peace with neighbors, who learns to be kind without being forced, etc. They have chosen God's path.

Now suppose the thesis were true. That would lead to contradictions possibly. It depends upon whether you believe that chaos is a part of order. I don't. I think order and chaos are separate things.

InChrist

Free4ever
Everyone who is going to be saved will be perfect. Now they are not perfect just like a seed is not yet a full grown plant. Think about a seed. You put it in the dirt. It's dirty; it has to die in the ground before it can become a plant. It is the picture of imperfection. So people are like God's seed. He wants them to be perfect and they will be. But God does all things in the proper time.

Without evil, without struggle there could be no overcoming of evil. Therefore no opportunity for good to emerge or as it were ... sprout up from the earth like a new plant. And so we see that man was made imperfect. Adam in the Bible literally being made from dirt. But his end is perfection as long as he obeys God's plan for him.
Very good explanation and in the scriptures the process is called sanctification whereby those who place their faith in the Savior are then transformed and confirmed into the image of Christ.