• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you left Deism, what religion would you choose?

If you left Deism, what religion would you choose?

• Buddhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

• Christianity

• Paganism

• Judaism

• Ba'hai

• islam

• other/ explain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laika

Premium Member
I'm still technically a "Deist" of sorts as I'm exploring the case for god, but I'd revert back to being an atheist most probably.

[p.s. There are not many Deists on RF, but you could ask Deist Mentor.]

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It seems extremely difficult for me to leave my religion (out of belief), but if I do leave it, I'd choose atheism or no religion (dunno the difference). It would make my life way much easier and fun.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
If you left Deism, what religion or /not, would you choose?

I didn't, and I don't think anyone can, choose their religion. And it doesn't choose you. You come to it through a process of reasoning (as opposed to emotions/faith) which should lead everybody first to agnosticism or the ultimate lack of any certainty on the subject of God or no God. My agnosticism settled on deism because it was the one of the only two reasoned possibilities (the other being atheism) that offered hope. That appears to be a choice, but then for me, hopelessness is not an option, so that was all I was left with.

It seems extremely difficult for me to leave my religion (out of belief), but if I do leave it, I'd choose atheism or no religion (dunno the difference). It would make my life way much easier and fun.

But not as interesting or fulfilling. And atheism is the belief that there is no God, while no religion (or beliefs) is simple nihilism or materialism, whichever label you prefer.