• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you Knew...?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If that word is being capitalized it can only be the One we all know of very well.
:D

Oh, that's just me. I capitalize God and Devil always.

For me Devil means "wicked habits in myself", for me there is no 'outside Devil'
I do believe when I focus my attention on 'outside Devil' it might 'materialize'

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If that word is being capitalized it can only be the One we all know of very well.

Why do christians believe their god is more deserving of a capital than any of the other 3800+ one/creator gods?

InChrist

Free4ever
Why do christians believe their god is more deserving of a capital than any of the other 3800+ one/creator gods?
Because those others are no gods at all, simply fake worthless idols.

For all the gods of the peoples areidols, But the Lord made the heavens. 1 Chronicles 16:26

But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish; A wooden idol is a worthless doctrine. Jeremiah 10:8

Everyone is dull-hearted, without knowledge; Every metalsmith is put to shame by an image; For his molded image is falsehood,
And there is no breath in them.
Jeremiah 10:14

Thus you shall say to them: “The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens.”
Jeremiah 10:11

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
um...
Because their deity says to put no other deity before their deity and not capitalizing the names of other deities is all it takes to sooth the ego of their deity?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Because those others are no gods at all, simply fake worthless idols.

in your opinion.

There are millions of people who think otherwise, several on this forum. I think its highly insulting and egotistical to deny other people their faith... Don't you?

The bible is irrelevant to them so why bother proselytizing when it is meaningless?

InChrist

Free4ever
in your opinion.

There are millions of people who think otherwise, several on this forum. I think its highly insulting and egotistical to deny other people their faith... Don't you?

The bible is irrelevant to them so why bother proselytizing when it is meaningless?
Not proselytizing. You asked a question, I gave an answer. I consider the Bible the final authority on such matters so my view is based on that foundation.
It’s not insulting at all, you and others are still free to think or believe whatever you like. My view or the Bible doesn’t stop you, does it?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not proselytizing. You asked a question, I gave an answer. I consider the Bible the final authority on such matters so my view is based on that foundation.
It’s not insulting at all, you and others are still free to think or believe whatever you like. My view or the Bible doesn’t stop you, does it?

Nope you gave a copy and paste, from a book that is irrelevant to many religions