• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could stay at any age until you died, what age would you remain?

Ori

Angel slayer
Although it would be tempting to stay a child, I think I would let myself continue to grow until I found myself at a time where I was genuinely happy, not only in myself, but of others around me.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
29...yes, I know some people already stay at that age longer than I did.:p

I'd say at 29 you've gotten much of the craziness of youth out of your sytem, yet you're still young enough to have fun. Young people didn't call me 'Sir' yet, and the old people had just stopped calling me 'Sonny'.:D

huajiro

CaptainXeroid said:
29...yes, I know some people already stay at that age longer than I did.:p

I'd say at 29 you've gotten much of the craziness of youth out of your sytem, yet you're still young enough to have fun. Young people didn't call me 'Sir' yet, and the old people had just stopped calling me 'Sonny'.:D
I agree completely, 29 was perfect.

I think infancy would have been great, if we could truly have appreciated it for what it was....the good life.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
huajiro said:
I agree completely, 29 was perfect.

I think infancy would have been great, if we could truly have appreciated it for what it was....the good life.
Well, I'm 29 now and it doesn't seem so perfect - maybe after a few years? I think I'd stay at about 25. I was fitter and healthier then whilst, I think, having been as mature as I am now. I'd found my place and a purpose in life and generally, I think, was about as happy as I've ever been. Not that I'm not happy now, but I can feel things starting to slip physically - oh, and I still had a full head of hair back then!

James

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think 17 was my best year. unclutterd mind. and unbridled energy.
If you could stay at that level ,think what you could learn and do.

Terry

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
IacobPersul said:
Well, I'm 29 now and it doesn't seem so perfect - maybe after a few years? I think I'd stay at about 25. I was fitter and healthier then whilst, I think, having been as mature as I am now. I'd found my place and a purpose in life and generally, I think, was about as happy as I've ever been. Not that I'm not happy now, but I can feel things starting to slip physically - oh, and I still had a full head of hair back then!

James
I must admit to being astounded by your age, James; for some reason, your typing sounds much older than your age! (much more learned than your age before I out my foot in it further!!)

Terrywoodenpic said:
I think 17 was my best year. unclutterd mind. and unbridled energy.
If you could stay at that level ,think what you could learn and do.

Terry

No, perhaps 25ish, just when I began to relax, stop worrying about being a batchelor for life, whilst able to have platonic relationships with quite a few girls - that was a good time!:)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Id have to say 17, the day before I tore my ACL. I had an almost unlimited supply of endurance, lots of strength, and a great athletic and acrobatics abilities, and I could outrun everyone on the schools track team, even with about 10 extra pounds of clothing on. And I was not once was carded for cigarettes, going to an R rated movie, or geting an M rated game. Now that I'm almost 19, I get carded all the time:)confused:). Kinda wierd.
After I get back to the physical status where I was, I'd say that age, which will hopefully be 19 or 20, and not any older. That way I look a bit older, but not too old.

huajiro

IacobPersul said:

James
Trust me, you will appreciate 29 when you get older!!

cardero

Citizen Mod
I would stay 13 months old.
Enjoying all the attention, regular breast feedings, blissfully ignorant, Gerbers strained carrots, eating cheerios by hand, never outgrowing toys, poopy my pants someone cleans me up, good times, good times.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Nope, can't do it. With age (hopefully) comes wisdom and experience. What other point is there to being here without wisdom and experience?

cardero

Citizen Mod
Maize said:
Nope, can't do it. With age (hopefully) comes wisdom and experience. What other point is there to being here without wisdom and experience?

Two words-Fischer Price.

Fowvay

27 was a pretty damn good year.. I was ultra active, went to the clubs twice a week, went to concerts every weekend, was getting some 4 to 5 times a day, I had big money... ya I think that might be a very good year to stay :D

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
17 now, I would pick mine to be 27. I figure this would be my prime because I would come out of college around 21-23 years old. The next couple of years I focus on my work and enjoy the fruits of my labor. Hopefully ...

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I'm gonna steal a quote from Johnny Depp to answer this one...:p

"Of course the notion is beautiful, the idea of staying a boy and a child forever, and I think you can. I have known plenty of people who, in their later years, had the energy of children and the kind of curiosity and fascination with things like little children. I think we can keep that, and I think it's important to keep that part of staying young. But I also think it's great fun growing old."

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
carrdero said:

Two words-Fischer Price.
Ah, but you can enjoy toys at any age, whether you're 9 months or 99 years old. :D I'm still buying Lego at 29...and playing with it.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
carrdero said:
I would stay 13 months old.
Enjoying all the attention, regular breast feedings, blissfully ignorant, Gerbers strained carrots, eating cheerios by hand, never outgrowing toys, poopy my pants someone cleans me up, good times, good times.
You could get most of that now, I'm sure...although maybe not the last one. ;)