• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you could create with words

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you could be like God and say, "Let there be light...." and everything your spoke came to pass, what might you say?

Please help me come up with ideas because I believe words have power to create in the supernatural realm. Look at the blessing of Jacob or the curse of ham for instance. If words are that powerful, to some extent we actually can create with words like God did....so, let's give it a shot.

Give me good ideas to write down and recite after holy communion at the Cathedral or on my daily pilgrimage to capitol hill.

May you be richly enlightened, blessed by all angels and saints, healed, purified, perfected, and delighted for all eternity, whoever is reading this.

Let it be that whoever reads this post receives waterfalls of sanctifying grace to atone for all their sins, wash away all that is icky or disordered, may they receive open eyes, understanding of all things they would like to understand, delivered from evil temptations of pride, lust, anger, covetousness, jealousy, laziness, and gluttony, and may they reach the first degree of beauty power, glory, and perfection, and euphoria, and may this increase each day for all eternity, in Jesus name, Amen!
th63S45O3A.jpg
thD074BQ7R.jpg
thGB13ILW5.jpg
thIXHI4FPA.jpg
thNK338F53.jpg
thOWXCVM2N.jpg
thRS4KVA9Q.jpg
thV64Q3LZU.jpg

nPeace

Veteran Member
If you could be like God and say, "Let there be light...." and everything your spoke came to pass, what might you say?

Please help me come up with ideas because I believe words have power to create in the supernatural realm. Look at the blessing of Jacob or the curse of ham for instance. If words are that powerful, to some extent we actually can create with words like God did....so, let's give it a shot.

Give me good ideas to write down and recite after holy communion at the Cathedral or on my daily pilgrimage to capitol hill.

May you be richly enlightened, blessed by all angels and saints, healed, purified, perfected, and delighted for all eternity, whoever is reading this.

Let it be that whoever reads this post receives waterfalls of sanctifying grace to atone for all their sins, wash away all that is icky or disordered, may they receive open eyes, understanding of all things they would like to understand, delivered from evil temptations of pride, lust, anger, covetousness, jealousy, laziness, and gluttony, and may they reach the first degree of beauty power, glory, and perfection, and euphoria, and may this increase each day for all eternity, in Jesus name, Amen!
View attachment 35812 View attachment 35813 View attachment 35814 View attachment 35816 View attachment 35815 View attachment 35817 View attachment 35818 View attachment 35819
Do you really believe God spoke things into existence?
I can't imagine God having a mouth. Can you?
For example, the Bible speaks of the finger of God. Do you imagine God has fingers?
Some people read the Bible literally, where it is clearly not literal, and figuratively, where it is literal.
The Bible requires study, but it also requires being taught by Jesus' followers.
The apostles made that clear. (2 Corinthians 5:20; 1 John 4:6)

ToelessTooth

It's My Birthday!
For example, the Bible speaks of the finger of God. Do you imagine God has fingers?
Some people read the Bible literally, where it is clearly not literal, and figuratively, where it is literal.
The Bible requires study, but it also requires being taught by Jesus' followers.

Yeah anthropomorphic deities are completely absurd. Non-anthropomorphic less so but still unproven.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yeah anthropomorphic deities are completely absurd. Non-anthropomorphic less so but still unproven.
Why are anthropomorphic deities completely absurd? That statement only makes sense if one assumes that no God exists that created humans in their likeness, and it's absurd to presume that an assumption is right, just because we have a brain to assume so.

The reality is, the fact we are even conscious of anything, is evidence that we are not the first intelligence, but the cause of an intelligence.
intelligence is the source of Information, not the other way around.
How Consciousness Points to the Existence of God
This is why I love Psalms 10:4

Spiderman

Veteran Member
could be