• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If you are not in heaven you are in hell

Gloone

So when Jesus told his disciples the 'gates of hell would not prevail against them'...were they on the inside or outside of the gates of hell?

Time to start reconsidering your position.
Tell me how many of Jesus Disciples took up their cross and died right along side Jesus. None. Just some scum bag and a thief.

Subby

Tell me how many of Jesus Disciples took up their cross and died right along side Jesus. None. Just some scum bag and a thief.

There are accounts of 11 of 12 disciples being murdered and remaining absolutely faithful. Peter in fact wanted to be crucified in a upside down cross, because having it the right way would be to encroach on Christ's sacrificial work.

Gloone

There are accounts of 11 of 12 disciples being murdered and remaining absolutely faithful. Peter in fact wanted to be crucified in a upside down cross, because having it the right way would be to encroach on Christ's sacrificial work.
Sounds to me like Peter didn't take Jesus very seriously if he wanted to be crucified upside down.

Snowcat

As is often the case with most I confront, you did not answer my question: Were the discples inside or outside the gates of hades?

:D:D:D

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
Cute, but probably more like clothing [whole outfit] than just a wee hat.

1st Cor 15vs36-50 uses the illustration of a plant.
Sowing a seed it does not remain a seed, but must give up the seed in order to become a plant.

So, Jesus 'brothers' must give up their fleshly body [seed] and 'put on' so to speak, a spiritual body or heavenly body [plant] because as verse 50 says flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God. So in order to be part of those of the first or heavenly resurrection to rule with Christ for a thousand years one must 'put on' or be changed into heavenly immortality.
-Rev 20v6; 5vs9,10.

So what your saying is some physiological change must necessarily occur before one passes from the land of mortals to the heavenly realm?

It still begs the question of how anyone could possibly claim that they know such things as fact.

Subby

Sounds to me like Peter didn't take Jesus very seriously if he wanted to be crucified upside down.

And yet again, another individual who reads into writings/history what he wants to. The INCORRECT way to conduct historical investigation.

Good try, but next time check ur bias at the door and be critical.

Gloone

And yet again, another individual who reads into writings/history what he wants to. The INCORRECT way to conduct historical investigation.

Good try, but next time check ur bias at the door and be critical.
Well tell me why Peter wanted to be crucified upside down and didn't go with Jesus at the time Jesus was crucifixion. Jesus had already washed their feet, was there really a need for Peter to continue his ways. Did he not live up to the Jesus expectations?

Last edited:

Subby

Well tell me why Peter wanted to be crucified upside down and didn't go with Jesus at the time Jesus was crucified.

Its pretty simple. For one read my previous post and realize that I addressed the first part of your question. Second, Peter wasn't crucified with Christ because there is a clear order of things documented in the NT. Christ came to teach a new revelation to man... the initial disciples were likewise there to teach. Not be crucified with Christ. Also the entire narrative is about Christ and the need for Him to bear our sins and suffer on the cross to die and resurrect. Thus salvation is found in Him. Not in Christ and his disciple Peter, and not the theifs. But CHRIST and his work on the cross.

Gloone

Its pretty simple. For one read my previous post and realize that I addressed the first part of your question. Second, Peter wasn't crucified with Christ because there is a clear order of things documented in the NT. Christ came to teach a new revelation to man... the initial disciples were likewise there to teach. Not be crucified with Christ. Also the entire narrative is about Christ and the need for Him to bear our sins and suffer on the cross to die and resurrect. Thus salvation is found in Him. Not in Christ and his disciple Peter, and not the theifs. But CHRIST and his work on the cross.
Well why did Jesus tell them to take up their cross then?

Gloone

Hell is just a Germain term from mythology place on the word hades. No biggie.

Now your turn to answer my simple question. Were the disciples inside or outside the gates of Hell..

Yo Bro! It is a biggie. Learn to use the correct words and give them the correct meaning.

So when Jesus told his disciples the 'gates of hell would not prevail against them'...were they on the inside or outside of the gates of hell?

Time to start reconsidering your position.
If Jesus said the gate of Hell would not prevail do you not take Jesus for his word?