• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If our ancestors had sex in Noah's Ark?Didn't they think it was gross?

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
i think they were too tensed to think about sex. arranging food and water for themselves and all the critters on the ark must have been their first concern. and then, looking at the weather and waves, seeking to see land must have been their second concern.also must have been quite cramped in the ark for noah and his family, i do not think they got suits.
Depends on the personalities...

I can tell you my husband would still manage to prioritize it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
N

No deodorant. No soap. Personal hygiene was probably pretty bad, plus all the animal poop. So yeah, I think everything on the ark would have been pretty gross.
That will keep one celibate unless Noah was one of those creepy disgusting "sniffer" types.

Not to mention the inbred issue.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
i sympathize with you, though i was not much better.
It doesn't bother me most of the time, unless there's major problems I have to contend with.

"Damn it, Noah, I just medicated the lions on my own, trimmed the giraffe's manes, and calmed an angry elephant! If you wanted me to have energy, you should have helped!"

Sargonski

If our ancestors had sex in Noah's Ark?Didn't they think it was gross?:)
It really depends on which creature. If it was a crocodile, being gross is the last of your worries.

Hmmm .. back in Noah's day .. shagging your sister or your daughter was A - OK !!

So .. I think we need to consider an cultural relativism over ethno-centrism the latter being assessment of a situation by what your idea of Gross might be .. rather than the standards of the day .. how they viewed things .. and so NO .. Noah Shagging Daughter around the fire was not Gross .. any more than Adam shagging his daughters .. when incest was best.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
If our ancestors had sex in Noah's Ark?Didn't they think it was gross?:)
In extraordinary events, no matter how much we may want to continue life as normal, conditions in such circumstances tend to demand that attention is focused on the events at hand and extracurricular activities put on hold.

Given that I do not consider the story to be an actual, historical event, the question isn't really an issue to me.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In extraordinary events, no matter how much we may want to continue life as normal, conditions in such circumstances tend to demand that attention is focused on the events at hand and extracurricular activities put on hold.

Given that I do not consider the story to be an actual, historical event, the question isn't really an issue to me.
It could be real in an alternate universe though or in a disjointed version of reality which is no longer consistent with our history.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
It could be real in an alternate universe though or in a disjointed version of reality which is no longer consistent with our history.
I hated to erase the post I started as answer to this. It was quite good in a bad sort of way. But dang it, I just couldn't find it in my heart to go with the Ginger and Maryann on the ark alternate reality scenario as interesting as that might be.

I'll just say that I'm not sure that helps make it any more real to me in either case of alternate or disjointed reality.

Monty

That will keep one celibate unless Noah was one of those creepy disgusting "sniffer" types.

Not to mention the inbred issue.
But how many times did Noah have sex with his sister Naamah, since she was ~500 years old when she gave birth to Shem Ham and Japheth (Gen 5:32), and she was ~600 years old when her grandparents and mother were drowned (Gen 5:27). And did Shem & Ham & Japheth also shack up with their sisters like their parents?

Last edited: