• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was a sacrifice...

tkdrocks

Mellowing with Age
This world and the next.

Maybe you've noticed....life is just complicated enough to sort out the ones that can'....or won't ..follow.
Some call that evolution.

It leans also to the next world.
Everyone that believes wants to go to heaven.
If you go....it's because you belong there.
If you don't believe....you won't.

What's so shallow about that?

You were the one that said the shallow minded are screwing things up for everyone. Is English your primary language? I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, here.

I do not get to choose what I believe (at least in any honest fashion). If I were to believe something just for the sake of going to heaven, when there is zero evidence, I would only be deluding myself.

Unification

I thought it was common knowledge that Jesus was sacrificed for the sin of the world, they use to sacrifice animals in the old testament, so Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice that did away with animal sacrifices of the old testament.
Spiritually, animal sacrifices were never meant to be literal. The animal sacrifices were an individual sacrificing their animal nature ..... Their carnal minds and flesh. God was not pleased with literal animal sacrifices. Much deeper spiritual meaning. The blood being tossed on the altar and everywhere is inside the human body. Building an altar to the Lord is built within the human with the Lord reigning inside.

Unification

That maybe true to you, but that is how it is for my church, or the church I use to belong to, and lets face it, who is right and who is wrong, its anyone's guess.
Mans carnal mind and false calling. The spirit only can teach spiritual writings. The entire Bible is referring to the human body. God conquering metaphorical sin while he lives inside a human body. Transformation of mind and heart. Only marriage in bible is of Christ and the body. Adam is one individual. Man views it all earthly, naturally, outwardly, when it's all spiritual and symbolic of spiritual things.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Spiritually, animal sacrifices were never meant to be literal. The animal sacrifices were an individual sacrificing their animal nature ..... Their carnal minds and flesh. God was not pleased with literal animal sacrifices. Much deeper spiritual meaning. The blood being tossed on the altar and everywhere is inside the human body. Building an altar to the Lord is built within the human with the Lord reigning inside.
Yes, just how I see it also.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Mans carnal mind and false calling. The spirit only can teach spiritual writings. The entire Bible is referring to the human body. God conquering metaphorical sin while he lives inside a human body. Transformation of mind and heart. Only marriage in bible is of Christ and the body. Adam is one individual. Man views it all earthly, naturally, outwardly, when it's all spiritual and symbolic of spiritual things.
Again just how I see it, its nice to meet you.

tkdrocks

Mellowing with Age

So, if it was all spiritual, then why did Jesus need to be a physical sacrifice? I am just trying to get a better understanding of your point of view.

Unification

So, if it was all spiritual, then why did Jesus need to be a physical sacrifice? I am just trying to get a better understanding of your point of view.
Because the Lord lives within every individual. He is our breath and life. Life is in the blood. Christ resurrects in our hearts. Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Any individual who would sin would be consumed instantly by the purity of God. Christ is the physical life in an individual. The son of God becoming the son of man. Son of every individuals body in other words. The animal sacrifices and the blood being thrown on the altar, it's all happening within a human body when we are cleansed of sin. It's all spiritual and internal my friend. Kingdom is within every being.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Animals were sacrificed because it was a teaching tool about what was coming. What was coming was Jesus coming to sacrifice himself for us.

Yes

Because the Lord lives within every individual. He is our breath and life. Life is in the blood. Christ resurrects in our hearts. Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Any individual who would sin would be consumed instantly by the purity of God. Christ is the physical life in an individual. The son of God becoming the son of man. Son of every individuals body in other words. The animal sacrifices and the blood being thrown on the altar, it's all happening within a human body when we are cleansed of sin. It's all spiritual and internal my friend. Kingdom is within every being.
The kingdom of God is in all who have living faith in Jesus Christ. Living faith is faith with obedience.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Foy me animal sacrifices were for the ignorant, those who could only see outside of their self, or the carnal self. The sanctuary service was a way for them to understand how to be one with God, even though they already were. The earthly sanctuary was modelled from the heavenly sanctuary, and of course there was no animals sacrifice's in the heavenly sanctuary. The metaphor for Jesus sacrifice, was that we should ourselves sacrifice our self, that is to sacrifice that which never belonged to us, that being the carnal mind or self.

Many have lived their whole life clinging to Jesus who scarified himself, because of this clinging they have totally missed the whole idea of the sacrifice.

Yes

Foy me animal sacrifices were for the ignorant, those who could only see outside of their self, or the carnal self. The sanctuary service was a way for them to understand how to be one with God, even though they already were. The earthly sanctuary was modelled from the heavenly sanctuary, and of course there was no animals sacrifice's in the heavenly sanctuary. The metaphor for Jesus sacrifice, was that we should ourselves sacrifice our self, that is to sacrifice that which never belonged to us, that being the carnal mind or self.

Many have lived their whole life clinging to Jesus who scarified himself, because of this clinging they have totally missed the whole idea of the sacrifice.
What is wrong with you? People are not ignorant for obeying God. God commanded animal sacrifices.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What is wrong with you? People are not ignorant for obeying God. God commanded animal sacrifices.
Yes but god knew they were ignorant of that which was truth. Jesus talked in parables to the crowds of people, why ?, because they were not ready to hear the truth, when most hear the truth they run with it, and the ego takes it on for itself. The truth being that we are all One in God, always have been, but ignorance has kept us away from realizing this, this is my realization.

Yes

Yes but god knew they were ignorant of that which was truth. Jesus talked in parables to the crowds of people, why ?, because they were not ready to hear the truth, when most hear the truth they run with it, and the ego takes it on for itself. The truth being that we are all One in God, always have been, but ignorance has kept us away from realizing this, this is my realization.
Stop making things up.

Jesus spoke in parables so that those he did not come to save could not understand.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Stop making things up.

Jesus spoke in parables so that those he did not come to save could not understand.
Well that's your way of seeing it, I don't argue over how others think about what was said by any prophet, or anything that is spiritual to one, that's for you, not me. I don't believe in organized religion at all, I get my message from my own meditation, not some hand me down thoughts of others, be that from the bible or any scriptures, or anyone else.

Yes

Well that's your way of seeing it, I don't argue over how others think about what was said by any prophet, or anything that is spiritual to one, that's for you, not me. I don't believe in organized religion at all, I get my message from my own meditation, not some hand me down thoughts of others, be that from the bible or any scriptures, or anyone else.
I only want God's Truth. I do not want some denomination's truth, or someone's truth that came to their mind.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I only want God's Truth. I do not want some denomination's truth, or someone's truth that came to their mind.
How do you think truth came to anyone, your scriptures that you love so much, you believe the truth came to those who supposedly wrote it, you are only taking their words, and not finding the truth yourself.

Yes

How do you think truth came to anyone, your scriptures that you love so much, you believe the truth came to those who supposedly wrote it, you are only taking their words, and not finding the truth yourself.
I found out for myself, just as Jesus says.

Anyone who chooses to do what Jesus says will find out for themselves, for we get understanding after we obey.

See Psalm 119:100; Proverbs 3:32; Proverbs 3:5-6; John 14:21; Philippians 4:9; Luke 11:28; John 7:17; John 8:30-32; John 13:17.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I found out for myself, just as Jesus says.

Anyone who chooses to do what Jesus says will find out for themselves, for we get understanding after we obey.

See Psalm 119:100; Proverbs 3:32; Proverbs 3:5-6; John 14:21; Philippians 4:9; Luke 11:28; John 7:17; John 8:30-32; John 13:17.
But what did Jesus say ?, are you taking what someone else said what he said, to me it doesn't sound like you have truly found your own answers.

Yes

But what did Jesus say ?, are you taking what someone else said what he said, to me it doesn't sound like you have truly found your own answers.
If you want to find out if what is said in the New Testament is true, then you can find out for yourself.